Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered anything from this retailer? I've been waiting for over two weeks on a shipment that says it has shipped. I've sent emails, but no response. I think it's time to call my CC company and get a refund.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
Is that an eBay store? I can't remember exactly, but, I think that particular store was found not to be legit?

·
Registered
462 Posts
They have been around for years. Scams never last that long.

The company is based in France so it might take a few days for your order to ship and clear customs. Some overseas orders arrive quickly (PBK), while others take a while (list much longer than one name).

Physical address and phone number:

http://www.xxcycle.com/cgi-bin/contact.pl

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
I've ordered from them before-- took a couple of weeks (at least) to NY. I even had to return something to them once and everything went smoothly. Before you file a claim- email them telling them you're going to- that usually gets a response, although I didnt have a problem w/ them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I will add to the fact that you have to be patient on them. I have been ordering Carnac shoes from them for a few years now and never had a problem. It does take awhile to get the shipment but it will arrive.

·
Registered
83 Posts
from the posts on here, i ordered some elite ciussi bottle cages from them about a month ago. just got it last week. unfortunately, they sent the elite ciussi gel ones. although more expensive, i like the old school look more. emailed them twice last week but still no response. sucks cause i was getting these to give out as xmas presents.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Replies are probably more useful when referring to WHERE the order was shipped... a French company can obviously ship faster to Europe than the US.

I am in the US but waiting on an order from them. They are 5 bus days out since the order date and my status is: "EN PREPARATION"

I assume that means they haven't shipped yet, so I'm probably in for a good wait... however, they were about 30% cheaper than anyone else so... I can't complain too much!

·
Naso Unicornis
907 Posts
I ordered a set of Specialites TA chainrings several years ago from them. It took about 4-6 weeks to arrive. They may suffer from advertising items for sale that they do not immeidately stock. I actually emailed them to verify lead time and it was much longer than stated. They did answer all my emails but I guess communicating in French got me somewhere "faster."

CHL

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine came in less than a week... from France to Virginia, was faster than I expected. I suppose they could get hung up in customs, mine did not. Pretty happy with the items at a great price and the timeliness of the shipment.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've ordered two sets of Look pedals from them in the past year, the first one came very quickly. The second order I sent an email telling them it had almost been a week and hadn't shipped yet, got a reply back next day saying they will be shipped right away. I don't think either order got held up in customs. Great price and overall good experience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.