Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Cateye Psychostimulator (aka Cyclosimulator) for $60. Yes, its a few years old and its got a little sweat-induced rust on the bottom of the section that holds the fan/disc, but overall, it looks lightly used and in great shape!

I've been jonesin for one of these since the mid-90s 'cause there's a few great workouts that I want to do again to get ready for next season. I just never wanted to pop for a new one 'cause they're WAY expensive! Somewhere north of $300 if you've never priced one out!

Now I gots me one! Woot! Training with wattage, here I come!

M

·
Registered
162 Posts
Man that's a deal!

I love my Cateye cycsimulator! Best road feel of any trainer and a real torture machine. Had mine for 15 years now without a problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gotcha beat!

8 years ago I paid $50 for mine. The knuckle-head threw in a home made wooden bike rack to boot! I guess they didn't fit well with his high class neighborhood...must've gone out and gotten a Cyclops fluid trainer because the LBS salesman told him, "it was the best!" I've gotten another magnetic travel trainer and folding rollers since then, but still have the Cateye and rack. I still recommend the Cateye...even for the $395 new price.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a brand new $169 Tacx folding magnetic trainer from the Supergo across from my house for $69 last year. The only thing that kept if from being brand spankin new was that it was out of the box. I think I've ridden the thing once. SoCal is a GREAT place!

M

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
I have that or something similar in the attic. A while back one of my neighbors knocks on the door and wants to know if I would be interested in buying a bike and trainer because he is clearing out stuff and going Bowflex. I bought the bike, a Raleigh Technium with bio-pace chainwheels and I think the trainer is the same as yours. The bike was like brand new and filled the 90's niche for me. I have a Cyclops mag trainer and rarely use it, so I finally put the Cateye in the attic to get it out of my way. When I was at the LBS the owner said I should sell the bike because the frame was glued together, ( Technobonded I guess), and keep the trainer because it was a good piece of equipment. I know I gotta give this thing a second look, and this thread confirms it. Paid a 100 bucks for the pair, enjoy riding the bike and have no intention of gettin rid of it or the trainer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts