Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a trailer for shopping and possibly helping with trail work. Is there any reason NOT to get the suspended Ibex for on-road use?

I've read that people are happy with the Yak on road and the Ibex off-road but haven't seen much commentary about using the Ibex on paved roads. Can't imagine it's a problem but worth asking.

Thanks

· uhhhh, what?
222 Posts
not sure what they're talking about, my BOB YAK has always felt stable, even at high speeds on dirt roads. once you get used to it's handling quirks you pretty much forget it's there.

· Registered
263 Posts
It handles fine. When loaded, you need to pay attention to your balance. I've turned my head and quickly been to the yellow line without realizing it. I've only been up to 40ish on roads with it loaded and it follows nice.

· Registered
6 Posts
Thanks...I have been doing lots of research on the web and the Bobs seems to get great reviews. I am not sure I would feel comfortable with the width of a two wheel model...taking up a substantial amount of pavement. Crazy enough on the roads without a trailer.

· banned from the museum
6,755 Posts
cannondale7193 said:
Thanks...I have been doing lots of research on the web and the Bobs seems to get great reviews. I am not sure I would feel comfortable with the width of a two wheel model...taking up a substantial amount of pavement. Crazy enough on the roads without a trailer.
Even the two-wheel trailers are narrower (is that a word?) than you think. Even with a kid trailer, which is wider than a cargo trailer, I could get much closer to a curb than I thought I could. Still, the 1-wheel trailers travel and handle very nice. I really like mine.

· Registered
1,318 Posts
No reason not to use the Ibex for hauling groceries on the road! I can haul about 7 bags of groceries in mine but make sure you get paper bags, not plastic! Also, the Greenfield kickstand for your B.O.B. makes life much easier when parking the thing...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.