Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Potatoes
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I met my now wife in Uni a few years back and basically followed her to her home of Germany. Spent the last couple years learning the language... since I could speak enough I've been studying German and freelancing. We're both media types, her specialty is film/production, mine is audio (for film) and film production.

Whilst it's been ok (plenty of time to watch a particular NNC event and do a fair bit of NNCing myself), I don't know enough people in this city to generate a comfortable steady income.

My partner works for a production company and they've given me an easy but mind-numbing (think data transfer) 3 month flexible part-time gig that pays well and will allow me to keep freelancing and network with more people. Plus it'll be nice to actually commute to work as oppose to sitting at home.

Also comes timedly awesome since the wife and I need to furnish our apartment. We're actually going to Ikea this evening... Swedish Meat Balls for dinner I guess.

In other random news, this is the 3rd Fail bus in Berlin in just as many months. Too much Wurst?

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
Jobs are good.

·
Clyde-o-Matic
713 Posts
Congrats on job! Some advice on the Ikea furniture - be patient with your wife during the assembly process as it can really test a relationship. Probably more effective than the counseling from the pastor we went through.

Is there a correlation between bus fail and good German beer?

·
Ricardo Cabeza
19,738 Posts
if that's the best bus they've got they're in trouble

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Congrats. Drive to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts