1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Time to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Unless it is a small nuclear device, it seems like overkill to evacuate the whole school. Why didn't they just keep everyone a reasonable distance away from the front door?

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
did you get the cookies I sent?

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
I'm always fascinated by the irrational weight people place on anniversaries.

I'm thinking more crackpot than school here, but it's as true for birthdays and wedding anniversaries.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bingo. From the article:

"It's just some jackass trying to be funny," said 15-year-old freshman Nick Christoff.

danl1 said:
I'm always fascinated by the irrational weight people place on anniversaries.

I'm thinking more crackpot than school here, but it's as true for birthdays and wedding anniversaries.

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
Nothing like media coverage to kick the moreon factor into high gear.

With all the local coverage of the 10th anniversary of Columbine yesterday and the memorial service today.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG!!!!!! It was some geocaching dorks.

After examining the package, police determined that it was a geocaching device. Geocaching is an activity where people use GPS devices to locate hidden containers around the globe.

A teacher at the school noticed a man and a woman burying some kind of box near a stone sign at the front of the school at about 11:40 a.m., according to police. Once the box was buried, the middle-aged pair drove away in a cream-colored SUV with Nebraska plates. Police have put an alert out for the vehicle.

A traditional-style geocache -- which often consists of a Tupperware box with a log book in it -- has been hidden on the Fairview Campus for just over two years, according to the Web site www.geocaching.com

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/20/fairview-high-boulder-evacuated-students-dismissed/

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
PDex said:
OMG!!!!!! It was some geocaching dorks.

After examining the package, police determined that it was a geocaching device. Geocaching is an activity where people use GPS devices to locate hidden containers around the globe.

A teacher at the school noticed a man and a woman burying some kind of box near a stone sign at the front of the school at about 11:40 a.m., according to police. Once the box was buried, the middle-aged pair drove away in a cream-colored SUV with Nebraska plates. Police have put an alert out for the vehicle.

A traditional-style geocache -- which often consists of a Tupperware box with a log book in it -- has been hidden on the Fairview Campus for just over two years, according to the Web site www.geocaching.com

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/20/fairview-high-boulder-evacuated-students-dismissed/
why are they looking for the car? so they can find the passengers and punish them because the school over reacted?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
jupiterrn said:
Sweet!!!!! I love Gwyneth!!! Oh well maybe that's not so sweet.
you can't have her...she's mine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.