Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a nearly two year hiatus from road bikes (and not much biking of any kind) I am back. I wanted a cheap road bike to get back to my fighting weight with, and after looking at used and every other option, I bought the cheapest bike I could find. It is probably scrolling across the top of this screen.

Tommaso Imola...and if anyone knows how to pronounce either of those words, great. My last bike was a felt F70...and I would by another one in a heartbeat, but I decided to ride this Tommaso into the ground and at the end of the summer, when I am 35 lbs lighter, I will buy what I really want.

I was seriously concerned that my Clydesdale self would explode some lightweight components, so a heavy bike for a heavy rider for now.

Me and my cheap-ass Tommaso are going to ride 2500 miles this summer, and go from 200 to 165 lbs.:eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bmxhacksaw said:
I rode 3000+ last summer and went from 213 to 177'ish

That's great to hear...I am only shooting for 100K at the Hotter Hell Hundred at the end of August. I have never ridden in any type of organized ride...

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
Good to see you got back on the bike. But 200lbs is not what I consider a clydesdale. Me, I am 250 lbs as of 2 seconds ago when I stepped on my clinic scales. I ride an all carbon bike with no problems. Why does the Hotter than hell ride sounds fimiliar to me?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jupiterrn said:
Good to see you got back on the bike. But 200lbs is not what I consider a clydesdale. Me, I am 250 lbs as of 2 seconds ago when I stepped on my clinic scales. I ride an all carbon bike with no problems. Why does the Hotter than hell ride sounds fimiliar to me?

I guess it depends on how you carry it...Mine...all fat. The HHH is a ride in Wichita Falls, TX. I think it might be the biggest century in the country and possibly the world. I think there were 12k riders there last year. The temperature generally hovers around 100 degrees for the duration, but the ride, apparently, has amazing support.

Also...that is an amazing amount of money you have raised so far...good work!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Isn't Imola a F1 grand prix circuit in Italy? Yeah, it is the home of the San Marino
grand prix. I am omniscient, or at least omniverous. All hail google.com!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Creakyknees said:
Tommaso = toe-moss-o
Imola = e-mole-a, like Ebola.

Ride the herr out of it.

Thanks...that is exactly how I was pronouncing it...but I had no idea if I was right. I am going to try to ride it to pieces...literally, and then replace it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My last post on this board, before today, was in 2005...I am quickly remembering why I loved it so much...thanks for all the words of encouragement.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
What's funny is that it really doesn't weigh all that much considering and probably is built like a tank. You'll do fine and probably will be able to sell it on craigslist for 150.00 afterward. Not a bad looking little bike either.

Congrats and good riding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.