Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pop open a beer and settle down to watch Giants v Cubs only to find out its only available on MLB network.

WTF? Guess I'll just watch football tonight, just like most of America is already doing anyway.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
Pop open a beer and settle down to watch Giants v Cubs only to find out its only available on MLB network.
Go to a bar, that's what normal people do to watch sportsball that does not come to their home.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
I thought this was going to be about how expensive tickets are and the utter insanity of $10+ for crappy macrobrews...

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
Baseball is out if I can't wear shorts.
Apparently, if you've got MLB Network, you can wear whatever you want- even your PJ's.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
Yeah it was $9.99 before the game started. It's more the principal though. Pay per view for a major sport playoff game just isn't right. Maybe it's a sign of the slow death of baseball.
I am with you, but it has been many years since they went to cable for playoffs. 1996, so 20 years ago, they started that process.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm going to the ballpark to watch it tonight...

No beer though, I have to drive home 3 hours, then go to work.

ok, maybe one $12 beer...

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I have a friend from Chicago that gets the MLB network. He threw a great party, complete with Chicago style hotdogs and cheesecake. If the Cubs get into the series he's going to have deep dish pizza shipped in.

I don't really like watching sports but I do like to party = Go Cubs.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
if you like to tinker around the house while listening to the game, you can do so for free with your smartphone: wmvp (espn radio, chicago) on the tuneinradio app.

3-1 cubs after 3.

i can only listen to my biased radio broadcast when my college football team is playing. sometimes it's hard to find a tuneinradio station that's perfectly synched with the tv broadcast, but it's always a lot better coverage than listening to the dip****s on tv.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,142 Posts
I always found baseball to be one of those things that's just as exciting on a transistor radio on a summer day in your back yard as it is on TV or even in person.

Here in Philly, hearing Harry Kalas call a game on 1210 AM was actually better than being there in person. RIP Harry. I met him at a sports banquet the year before he died. One of the great sports moments of my life.

People at the games used to have transistor radios with them to hear Harry call the games.

"It's a high fly ball and it's OUTTA HERE!!!!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Kalas

I digress.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
cubs give up the lead in the 8th, and tie it up on a 2-run homer in the 9th. what a game.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
another wild finish tonight in SF???

(fingers crossed.)

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
bill murray ain't afraid of no goat!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts