Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there, i am looking for the production year and where the schwinn letour i just pcked up was produced. the serial # is SD006268 and is located on the left rear dropout, the sticker by the bottom bracket reads, certified aisi 1020 tubing and above that it reads schwinn x-tra lite bicycles, it has a supermaxy crankset, schwinn approved front der, schwinn forged stem, a shimano 400 ff rear der, and a front bdge that reads schwinn with chicago on the bottom, it has two separate stripes on the seat tube and a shim in the seatpost...thanks for any help

· "It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
john mikesell said:
hello there, i am looking for the production year and where the schwinn letour i just pcked up was produced. the serial # is SD006268 and is located on the left rear dropout, the sticker by the bottom bracket reads, certified aisi 1020 tubing and above that it reads schwinn x-tra lite bicycles, it has a supermaxy crankset, schwinn approved front der, schwinn forged stem, a shimano 400 ff rear der, and a front bdge that reads schwinn with chicago on the bottom, it has two separate stripes on the seat tube and a shim in the seatpost...thanks for any help
Post this question at:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bicycle_Restoration

There is a gentleman there who is very good with Schwinn serial numbers.

- FBB

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i got the info

thanks for the response, just for info on the serial #... s stands for super letour or letour, the d is the month april, and the 0 is the year 1980, the rest of the numbers are production sequence...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.