Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
I don't know jack, but I have a simple yellow jersey I wear on occassion (it's down on the list of favorites though). I don't see how this would be disrespectful...to who?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Gee, Eric wear what you want

If you want to wear a TDF leader jersey replica, go ahead. But expect some to ridicule you or make fun of you. If it is just a plain yellow jersey like say Descente or Adidas or some other MFger makes, no big deal. I own one yellow old Descente jersey and if it still fit I'd wear it. Kind of a safety yellow, be seen thing, from my perspective.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have a plain yellow jersey that I wear for safety. Typically it is with a close knit group, so it is not an issue. If you jump in with a large, fast group at a local bike shop you might get some looks if you wear a Tour replica.

The guys at the office have a yellow "Arrogant Bastard Ale" jersey that is our little trophy. One of the guys handed it over to me after our last century ride. I wear it when I want to get under his skin. It's all in fun. He is working hard to get it back so I have to be careful (plus he is my boss)

·
Registered
706 Posts
ericsjenkins said:
Ok my jersey is just a plain yellow Canari jersey, but I had heard that yellow jerseys were frowned upon so wanted to make sure I didn't get off on the wrong foot so to speak.
Here's how to spice that jersey up: Cut it so it's a belly jersey. Then with permanent marker, print Super Bad Ass across the top; front and back. Attached studs for good measure. if anyone gives you a hard time, just stare at them like you're crazed.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just wear whatever you want. If it inspires you to get out on your bike then so much the better. If someone tries to tease you or blab off about disrespect or some other such nonsense, tell them to take a hike. I love cycling and have followed the euro scene for over twenty years, and have much reverence for the sport at its highest level, but it's just a yellow shirt after all.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've got canary yellow jerseys that I wear for daily rides because of the visibility. I normally ride alone.
I would not wear them in a group ride though because I wouldn't want to get some rodie's panties in a twist.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
If you wear a replica TDF Yellow Jersey, expect a few snickers from seasoned racers. Nobody else will notice.
Wear what you want (but be prepared to catch some guff)

·
I ride in circles..
4,990 Posts
I have a yellow and black/grey jersey that I like because it's very bright. Great in hot weather and I can be seen 1.2 millions miles away.

Be proud of your Yellow jersey. Make a statement and wear a replica from someone that has had the jersey taken away..

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
If you wear a replica TDF Yellow Jersey, expect a few snickers from seasoned racers. Nobody else will notice.
Wear what you want (but be prepared to catch some guff)
you might get a couple snickers from those guys but who cares.
the silly guys that laugh at you can't figure out it's guys like you that support the few freebies they get.
You wouldn't see 10k bikes in the TdF if they couldn't be sold to the public. Ride what you want, wear what you want and don't give a second thought to those who mock.
(unless they are mocking you because your tighty whities are visible under those 300$ assos bibs)

·
Registered
896 Posts
at the tdf a couple years ago I bought the polka-dots, green, and yellow. never worn them on the road, but did wear the polka dots. I remember one guy yelling "oh sh** here comes Rasmussen". it was funny. I would wear TDF jerseys in a heartbeat before wearing *any* pro-team kit. i wear my own team kit on the road. MTB, I wear all the other stuff so my roadies stuff doesn't get dirty(unless I am mtb racing)

·
Registered
284 Posts
LiveSTRONG Jersey is Yellow

The Lance Armstrong Foundation's LiveSTRONG jersey is mostly yellow and there are thousands of them out there being worn in honor of cancer survivors.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Wear it. I'm the fastest guy in my own secret world anyway so I'd wear it :). Who cares what others think.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.