Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the bright side, at least I'm starting to take my camera with me on rides. closest thing to a downside is, it always seems to involve a pub crawl!

Not nearly as many of us this time, about 15 or 16. We hit the brewery again (and as long as they continue to give away free beer we'll keep doing it), and then made our way to the Flying Saucer. Luckily it was a bit dead there, so we took over the patio:

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The bikes took center stage.

Note: I'm starting to play with B&W again, so bear with me. MB1, it's your fault for reminding me how great B&W can be.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After the Saucer, we headed down to Fred's Texas. A funnky little bar with a great patio and music so strange I thought I was in Austin for a bit. Some bicycle messengers from Dallas came out to ride with us and they fit right in at Fred's.

I have to say, those guys have awesome handling skills on their fixies. Track stands, forwards, backwards, hands, no hands. Heck, when we missed a turn one guy just did this Knight Rideresque powerslide/180 and doubled back before most of us could turn around. Truly impressive to see. Anyway, after more than a few beers in me I started to get artsy at Fred's.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That looks like a great time. I have to get the guys at the local bike shop to do a pub crawl they are always talking about it never develops. Looking forward to the next crawl photos.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
That's great, a pub crawl ride sounds fantastic. Nice to see you playing with the camera.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I like how the # of bikes declines

Chris H said:
After the Saucer, we headed down to Fred's Texas. A funnky little bar with a great patio and music so strange I thought I was in Austin for a bit. Some bicycle messengers from Dallas came out to ride with us and they fit right in at Fred's.

I have to say, those guys have awesome handling skills on their fixies. Track stands, forwards, backwards, hands, no hands. Heck, when we missed a turn one guy just did this Knight Rideresque powerslide/180 and doubled back before most of us could turn around. Truly impressive to see. Anyway, after more than a few beers in me I started to get artsy at Fred's.
the further into the night you get..

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, not everyone wanted to go to Freds. It has a strange reputation if you've never been there before. I'm not sure why though. It used to be a pretty rough place, but that was years ago... now everyone's pretty cool there and they cater to all types. I guess some of the Dallas types didn't care for the eclectic mixture, plus it was getting dark and most people didn't bring any lights so they bugged out.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Just passing it on.

Chris H said:
Note: I'm starting to play with B&W again, so bear with me. MB1, it's your fault for reminding me how great B&W can be.
Arby inspired me to fool with B&W again and I am sure you will inspire someone else.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Nice job on the B&W. Pretty cool.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, it's definately a medium I want to play with some more...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts