Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new Bianchi's BB30 is clicking under heavier loads with the Shimano crank and Wheel MFGs adapters. I have done everything (even swapping cranks) except remove the BB30 bearings and try to lock tight them back in.

I ordered the Park BB30 bearing removal tool so I could do the lock tight job next week. I am now starting to think I should just replace the BB30 bearings with the Praxis BB30 Conversion BB.

Anyone see any downside to this approach? I know the Praxis is a little heavier (haven't seen any weight published). At this point Praxis at $96.54 shipped is expensive but I want to put this issue behind me and enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
You got this thing?

That's the one I used and it was great. You do need to head to Home Depot and get a 6 x 1/2 inch bolt with some nuts and washers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been running Enduro adapters for over a year and they started creaking. Thicker Super Web grease didn't help. I think the adapters over time work loose on the BB30 bearings. I just removed everything including the C-clips and put in the Praxis. Seems to be working fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.