Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
13,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolland Stopped By French Health Test | Cyclingnews.com

Bernaudeau’s version is now contradicted by the doctor. “The test was done on Saturday morning”, Mégret told Reuters.

“On Saturday evening, there was a problem [only in the case of Rolland out of 42 riders of French teams tested during the Dauphiné]. I followed the procedure. I immediately called the team doctor [Hubert Long] to let him know. As always, I called a panel of experts who advised on the matter. When we conduct this kind of test for the FFC, we send a registered letter to the riders so he gives his license back until the health problem is resolved. When it’s for the MPCC and the League, the contraindication is immediate. I’ve kept record of my communications with the team doctor on the phone and via email. I’ve sent him all data of lab quality control, times and results. This rider shouldn’t have taken the start on Sunday morning.”

Mégret insisted that it was a health test and not a dope test even though a collapse of cortisol level is a strong indication of absorption of corticoids, which can be used with a TUE (therapeutic use exemption) but the MPCC rules a withdrawal from racing in that case. Anthony Charteau, also from Europcar, was prevented from starting the last stage of the 2012 Four Days of Dunkirk for similar reason and authorized to race again once his cortisol levels were back to normal.

·
Administrator
13,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had expected you to be over this way before.
even before the first thread on it.
try and keep up :)
I was held up at the Illuminati meeting, those things always run long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.