Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im racing my first races this weekend. training has been going well. as of now in for the team time trial, but that could easily change (i crashed today during a training ride with the team after clipping someones wheel). this would be saturday morning

regardless of that 33 mile road race saturday afternoon
10.5 mile crit sunday morning.

my goals are to finish the road race, and to finish with the pack for the crit. anything better would be great, and who knows, if i find myself near the front with a mile or so to go anything could happen.

im really excited to start racing, i can;t wait in fact.

we leave tomorow for the drive down
I will give a full report when I get back.
peace.

·
Apa kabar?
269 Posts
...good luck...

just wanted to say good luck to you. i've only ridden in one road race and that was last may. i must say that it was a very enlightening experience. i'm sure this will be the same for you. hope that have a good safe race. have fun and good luck! looking forward to the race report!

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
You doing the collegiate races at Beanpot this weekend? If so, what school do you ride for?

Silas

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea

colby. ill be in mens D.

id assume u ride for rpi? prbly in A or B? good luck

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
get to the line a little early, be on the front row if you can. Depending on the course it can be really hard to move up and you might be off the back before you know it.

focus on conserving energy. stay in the slipstream!

be consistant, follow the wheel in front of you, don't dive inward in the corners to make 'your' line.

have fun!

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
CC09 said:
yea

colby. ill be in mens D.

id assume u ride for rpi? prbly in A or B? good luck
Rode for RPI, but I've since graduated.

The road race and crit are both very technical courses. The road race is also particularly dangerous. Get to the line early and as close to the front as possible. Try to stay in the first 15-20 riders for the entire road race. There are a ton of turns, short climbs, and nasty potholes, you'll do better and be safer in the front.

The crit is technical, but not very dangerous. If you're not in the front group after the first lap, it's over, so do whatever you can to make that happen.

Best of luck, and be safe!

Silas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts