Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine was diagnosed with testicular cancer in middle of May. It had already spread to his liver, lungs and brain. They tried chemo on it, which did nothing but cause his liver to begin failing. As of the middle of June, they gave him a week to live. He lived six.

He died Sunday evening. He was estranged from his parents, but they did some out in June, and seemed to have mended their bonds. His long time girlfriend, who WAS his family for the past 4 years, left his room for about an hour to run home and get something. Five minutes after she left, he was gone, passing quietly in the presence of only his mother.

He was 28, the same age as me.

Be thankful for every day you've got, and everything and everyone you have. You never know when it will all fall apart.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,888 Posts
so, so sorry

·
half-fast
7,377 Posts
robdamanii said:
Be thankful for every day you've got, and everything and everyone you have. You never know when it will all fall apart.
I try to remember this sort of advice when my regular, everyday chickenshit problems pile up.

I guess you never know. Sorry about your friend.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Oh man, sorry to hear about your friend.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Creakyknees said:
Damn.

/ was just about to poast some lame ass thread.
Post it. It could be great entertainment.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Damn.

/ was just about to poast some lame ass thread.

I'm gonna go give the boys a squeeze.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Jim311 said:
28 is way too young.. hits close to home :(
Yeah, without a doubt, I just turned 29. Scary.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. I agree, 28 is much too young. It's just not right but we must go on and trust in the Almighty.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
I am so blessed to have survived TC. I am so sorry for your loss, Rob. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Deepest condolences.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm tired of these threads, we need to do something about this Sh*t. I was one of the lucky 28 year olds. You, your family and your friends are in our thoughts.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Hollywood said:
jesus. Sorry man.

sometimes I feel like I've somehow luckily skated through to my 40's when I hear news like this.

RIP.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

I also feel fortunate to be around. I did some crazy stupid stuff when I was young and survived pretty much untouched. There were some times when I taunted death.

Cancer just isn't fair.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
So sorry to hear about your friend. That is way to young to die! It is times like this my faith is tested. I just can't understand why children and young people have to go through this crap! I get angry and I get sad that things like this happen in our world today! In the end I can only look on and be more grateful for my health and well being today.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts