Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was just another morning. Coffee was percolating (no thats not a metaphor for anything, you perverts), and the morning news turned on. 58 degrees at 6:37 AM. What the HELL, are you serious? I dropped everything... DUDES, Im going to ride to work!!!! Whoo hooo, almost sixty in the MORNING in the arctic tundra known as the midwest. Hell yeah.

So I get everything on and situated, backpacked and out the door. Much to my chagrin, the roads are wet with condensation. The fact that it only rained .2 inches in February means that the roads had the same peculiar slippery feel as the floors in a theater, or what I imagine Js Bathroom would have. But, the weird thing was... and perhaps you meteorology-inclined nitwits could answer this... the wetness was only in the centerparts of the road, like where people would drive, but there was a dry patch about six inches wide on either side of the road. Why does the condensation only occur on the parts where people drive?

Absolutely beautiful morning, until I got to the part where my favorite road was closed down. Luckily they were just tearing up pavement, and I was able to walk across and hop back on. Another rider, also with backpack was coming from the other direction and turned around when he saw the road closed sign. I told him he could go through, but he said he wanted to go another way, so I let him be. Anyway, we got to talking and Im always trying to pimp out the RBR and he said he had been here before because he thinks I GAVE HIM A RBR POSTCARD AT A RACE TWO YEARS AGO. Anyways, back to the story. He said he didn't come on here much, but he actually remembered a few people.... Namely, MB1 and JS HAIKU. I had to shake my head and laugh, what a combination. He didn't remember me... thank goodness.

But he asked what MB1 and JS were like and I told him I had never met either in person. Nonetheless, I told him that MB1 was like the the RBR uber-man... .riding zillions of miles, and full of nothing but good cycling advice and a fantastic advocate for the sport. Then JS, I had to pause. And Im just curious if you think my analogy for JS works or did him justice. I told him that JS was like the campus stray dog. He lets everyone touch and pet him, and lets the boys get him drunk and the girls leave lipstick marks on his head, and he's happy and go lucky as long as he gets fed, and if you let him in your house, ultimately he will pee on something. He thought it was funny. I can't quite remember his name, he was of.... um.... (nervous about the post about racism).... what is the socially correct term... I think of asian-american descent... you know "oriental".... anyway, I can't remember his name, but it started with an "L". So, if you are that guy, welcome back, and I apologize for forgetting your name.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perhaps...

lousylegs said:
would the J's just pee in the sink?
Or on the stack of Maxims, he is territorial you know.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
You nailed it.

J's and MB1's descriptions, that is. J's most certainly pee in your sink. And miss prolly.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
lousylegs said:
so thats the smell behind the since, I thought a mouse had died back there.
Aye, 't is a powerful pee that the J's does shed.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Just markin his territory ;)

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Kram59 said:
Just markin his territory ;)
Well, I will have the double-barrell shotgun and dogs ready next time he wanders in, or maybe the bear trap would work?

Know any zoos that would take him?

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Okay you bunch of moreons... how come you took a realy nice thread and turned it into posts about J's habits...:rolleyes: ;)

Good thoughts Funk!!! Perfect description of both.

EDB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts