Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, according to the ad on cycling.tv, it states in print that full stages are available at any time, but everything else only indicates highlights are available if you can't watch live. I actually have to work at work and the connection there is only 3 mb whereas @ home I have 6 and no bogs down from other resources. I want to watch the entire stage again at night and not just the "selected highlights" stuff. Does anyone know which it is? I already paid so I am stuck with it either way but last year the whole televised stage was archived for reviewing anytime and that is what I hope I get

· Registered
9,274 Posts
Capture the Video Stream of Giro stages

I am also confused regarding the "watch the stage any time" or "only highlights". I bought the Giro OLN streaming package last year and they allowed those who purchased the weekday/saturday streaming service to access any of the full stages any time during the 3weeks of the event and than for a few months after before they were no longer on the web however Cycling.tv did not provide the service in 2005 it was some other provider contracted by OLN. Last year the ability to "capture" a video stream and store/burn it was limited to some shareware called ASFRecorder V1.1 (at least that's all I could find for free)that captured in .wpl file format and which I have yet to be able to convert to a MPG/AVI/DivX etc so I can burn. I can still watch the stages via the WMP on my P.C.
A typical 3 to 4 hour stream in .wpl is between 400 to 500 megs of memory.

That was last year, I am considering purchasing this http://www.applian.com/replay-av/index.php video stream capture software for this years Giro. If I have to capture in real time because they are only going to offer highlights after I'm going to take my personal laptop to work each day and capture/burn in real time. My employer has a BIG 49 meg pipe of fiber so it should not be a problem.

If any one has other ideas on how the 2006 Giro can be captured and saved please let us know.

· Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
I actually used something called "Net Transport" to save the streams from cycling.tv. It's a bit of a chore to get the media url though.

It's also the same program I used for the Giro last year.

· You talking to me?
736 Posts
I asked about Replay and Highlights for the Giro

Inquiring about plans for a delayed broadcast and timing for the highlights I received this answer:

We do plan on having a as live rerun about 5-8hrs later and the highlights to be up very soon after that.

So it sounds like you should be able to watch the full length verison of that days stage later in the evening the same day of the stage.

· Registered
91 Posts
Einstruzende said:
I actually used something called "Net Transport" to save the streams from cycling.tv. It's a bit of a chore to get the media url though.

It's also the same program I used for the Giro last year.

I haven't been able to make Net Transport work with cycling.tv What is the trick?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.