Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Took the one picture then stripped it down with the exception of the seat and bars so I can hang it from the ceiling while I build it. I haven’t gotten the cranks off yet. I guess I need a puller? The only square tapper I've dealt with are Campy with the self extracting bolts. Tomorrow I’l hit it with weigles, clean it up and take a bunch of pictures. Everything is in pretty good shape. The crest on the fork crowns is really a thing of beauty.
The Shimano was indexed for the rear. I’m tempted to go the synchro route.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took a shake down ride today. Bike was a blast. I need to twerk the Synchro. I noticed I have some play in the free wheel so I'll be looking for a new body, I'll also take this one apart to inspect. I think I'll also use a newer cable casing. Everything works fine in friction mode.
I found a good leather guy who'll mach the celeste so I can re cover the saddle and wrap the bars in leather.
Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork
Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle accessory Bicycle
Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle accessory Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Bicycle

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Belle donne!

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

Took the X4 out on the maiden voyage. Had a blast. I'm trying to dial the synchro in but riding around in friction wasn't bad at all. I think I'll just source some friction shifters on eBay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts