Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this wasn't too expected. Good news is I just got promoted out of my cubicle and this office to a full sized office complete with window and assistant. I'm also working for a larger section of the governmental agency I'm presently employed with.

The BAD news is in two weeks my dailey opportunities to live and breath here in the Lounge on RBR just got destroyed!!! :( . I'm going to have more responsibilities than I think I could have dreamed of. I'll be lucky to get five minutes in the morning and five minutes before I ride home at night.

I'm scared! This is going to put a whole new meaning to hard work for me.

·
Soul Mining
382 Posts
In my experience I've always managed to make time to goof off during the work day. I call it effective time management. I suppose I'm really just shirking responsibility, but that just doesn't make me sound quite as talented. :D

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
yule be ok, post from home if you want, etc. we always find time. in the last year i've been from nothing to do to no time, and i'm still around. you can do it.

///////we love y0u.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Look at it this way, with your shortage of free time, at least you won't have to endure the roasting I've been experiencing today... Don't worry ridgetop, you'll be fine. Take the time you need to adjust and then make time to relax now and then throughout the day.
Cheers, Wayne

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!

I'm nervous about the responsibility and additional work, but I think I'll actually be a lot happier there. Things have gotten a little strange in this office as of late and people have been disappearing like there's a body snatcher loose. I'm sure I'll still find some time off and on during the day to at least let people know I'm still alive.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Wayne, I think this is the first time I've ever seen you over the fire pit on RBR. Although it's been great entertainment for us I think it's been like some kind of weird fraternity initiation for you!

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Interestingly enough, I've rather enjoyed it because I know that people like rogger and lousy didn't mean any harm and it's all just plain fun. I suppose that it was only a matter of time before it was my turn.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Interestingly enough, I've rather enjoyed it because I know that people like rogger and lousy didn't mean any harm and it's all just plain fun. I suppose that it was only a matter of time before it was my turn.
This is definitely the most laid-back and easygoing web forum I've ever found. Other than PO, there are rarely any fights, harsh words, or major problems. I think the lack of 15 year olds really helps things out. It's really a change when posting on some other forums which are full of a bunch of turdburglers.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,224 Posts
Ridgetop said:
I'm nervous about the responsibility and additional work, but I think I'll actually be a lot happier there.
Bah, you have a very poor attitude! If you have been promoted, that means you have underlings, right? So you take credit for everything good that they do, and blame them for everything bad they do. You should get MORE time to surf that way!

Congrats. New things are always a bit worrying, but at least you get new challenges and will not still be doing the same thing as before. It is the new that makes us grow. Not that growth is without pain of course, but after a while you will have the basics down (and your time back) and be able to go beyond. Good luck!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm scared! This is going to put a whole new meaning to hard work for me.
Nonsense. The higher up you get in management, the less you have to actually do. Just have a few good people doing the real work, and you'll be fine.

Also, in my experience - and I'm sure you've experienced the same thing - the more senior the manager, the less they actually know about what is going on, what the real issues are, how to solve them, and the more time they spend "working from home".

I'm sure you are also getting a nice salary rise - just think of all the upgrades!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Jeez, a corner office and no time to screw off online while working.

Here's a career tip:

It's spelled "daily" . . . Don't let them see "dailey" in any of your hard copy or they're going to wonder who's really running the show.

Posting online while "working" -- I'm sorry, but no wonder American productivity is in the toilet. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm 58, retired, and I don't file a tax return. And, I just bought a Harley Davidson. Just by way of comparison.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts