Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
WI B16 said:
My dove gun.

Perazzi MX-8 20ga.
very nice. I desperately miss my MX-14 sometimes -- sold it in '99. Only shotgun I still have is field grade Rem 1100. Gets the job done, though

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
Yo, gel...

Funny you should post that! I've been looking at every 20 gauge autoloader I can get my hands on lately. I've pretty much settled on the Benelli M2, now I just need to cough up the change.

If I don't, I have a Remington 1100 Lightweight 20 sitting in my safe right now. I borrowed it from my FIL last week, although my wife claims that it is hers.

Looks just like this.... perfect condition, less than 100 rounds through it, not a scratch on it. Since it isn't mine I'm actually a little scared to take it to the field.

WI B16 said:
My dove gun.

Perazzi MX-8 20ga.
Yer doin' it right.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Benelli M2 is a great gun. I'm not extra fond of the fore-end shape, but that's personal preference.

If you don't want to spend the $$, the Weatherby is worth a look (Mossberg SA20 is the same gun if you can't find the Wby). I put 100 rounds through it yesterday and there were a few small issues. One failure to eject, one misfire and one loading issue. My wife was shooting with the FTE so I figure it wasn't shouldered properly. I don't know what happened on the others. I put them back in and they loaded and fired no problem. My money is on the gun needing to be cleaned. I literally took it out of the box, assembled and started shooting. A disasseble and cleaning will probably take care of those. It's also a little short on the LOP at 14", but every gun is that way for me.

Once I get a fiber optic bead on the gun and some spacers, it should be fine. Like I said before, it's no Beretta 391 or Benelli Montefeltro or Browning Gold, but it's fine for what it is. A solid little shooter that won't break the bank.

LOVE the Rem 1100 Lightweight!! Go shoot that bad boy. 100 rounds is not even broken in.

NUTT said:
Yo, gel...

Funny you should post that! I've been looking at every 20 gauge autoloader I can get my hands on lately. I've pretty much settled on the Benelli M2, now I just need to cough up the change.

If I don't, I have a Remington 1100 Lightweight 20 sitting in my safe right now. I borrowed it from my FIL last week, although my wife claims that it is hers.

Looks just like this.... perfect condition, less than 100 rounds through it, not a scratch on it. Since it isn't mine I'm actually a little scared to take it to the field.

Yer doin' it right.

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
innergel said:
Benelli M2 is a great gun. I'm not extra fond of the fore-end shape, but that's personal preference.
Funny.... the fore end shape is the thing I like most about that gun; it almost feels like a Schnabel fore end which I'm fond of in an O/U.

innergel said:
LOVE the Rem 1100 Lightweight!! Go shoot that bad boy. 100 rounds is not even broken in.
I know, I know. But.... 25+ year old gun that isn't mine & it is in dead mint condition. I'll see how it shoots & maybe I'll order some synthetic furniture for it to help ease my pain.

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts

·
gazing from the shadows
27,243 Posts
atpjunkie said:
mine was side by side cause I'm old skool
Mine was an o/u, .222/20 rifle shotgun combo. Very useful in a "my first gun" kind of way. All the boys in the family learned to hunt with that one.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts