Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here ya go laddie, some nice PG-13 softcore airbrush bike pr0n for ya. sometime in the next couple days I'll bust out the Nikon again and shoot some good closeups of the airbrush detail on my cross bike. tis a masterpiece, and it's all pinstripey too.

for now you'll have to do with this.

#1 my primary roadbike. Colnago Dream Plus with Record 10. TM-11 (Landbouwkcredit) paintscheme circa 2003.

#2 another angle

#3 100% crop of the main tubing detail.

Sorry about the crappy resolution, but this is where the Nikon completely rules, and the Stylus completely falls down on its face. Stylus does fit in a jersey pocket, tho. Kinda like the diff between the ultra hot chica who can be a complete PITA at times, and that 6.5 regulah jane who's always there when you need her... like the night you desperately needed bail and no one else would answer your txts.

o and the completely ghetto gaffer's tape deal is to keep my assorted telemetry mounts (PowerTap, Polar) from pwning the paint.

cheers.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Well. I ain't him but that's a purdy 'nago, LFR. Even iffin it is Eytalian and all, NTTAWWT;)

·
Registered
581 Posts
dammit.....................

i hate you

looks totally friggin sweet sexy nasty phat nice cool da bomb!!!

i'm totally gonna hate on u a lil cuz i'm a jealous sunufabiotch

but it looks uber sexy

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Isn't there some law about putting French stuff on an Eyetalian bike??

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hi guys. to answer your questions:

#1: bartape. I am a traditionalist, and traditionally the only suitable colour of bartape for an amateur racer is black. period. red (IMO) would both look nasty and detract from the paintjob. darn bike's gaudy enough as it is.

#2 brakes. When I bought that grouppo back in '02, Campag didn't do black ano. and at that time Mavics were both lighter and had better modulation. the mavics-with-Record-10 was a very common hack until the next Record upgrade / iteration came along and lightened up the brakeset. sold the silver ones on ebay unused for more than I paid for em :)

egregious french-bashing joke all you want, you ain't the one ridin' the thing. Trust me, the old boy rides niiiiiiiice.

(edited to add): oh and #3: Eurus wheels. They are amazing. No they're not the lightest set of hoops ever made, but holy cow are they smooth, fast and silent. Plus I can sure lose 5# of lard off me bum before I ever feel like paying twice as much to put up with another flakey, high-maintenance fragile set of carbon tubs. After replacing I forget how many spokes (and a complete rebuild of the wheelset including the craptastic hubs), I found my 303s a new Zip(p)code. har har, o I kill me.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Since I have a frog bike, I've been thinking the same. Mucho stopping power, light weight, and not outrageously expensive. My kinda stuff. Plus they're black and it would match my bike:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts