Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many here have one (or more)? I'm thinking about buying one. I slouch a LOT when I'm sitting in a computer chair and that's just not good posture. So to help, I've been sitting with a book on my head (and subsequently walking around with it, etc), but after about an hour a book substantial enough for me to remember to sit up straight starts hurting my head. Enter: the yoga ball. I wonder how large a ball I need to get to be able to see my computer monitor well if I sit on it?

Also, what's the point in putting one of those balancers on the bottom? Isn't the whole point of the ball for it to wiggle around so you have to work extra hard to stay stable (thus toning muscles and helping posture)? Does the balancer take away from that?

What kind of exercises do you do? I'm figuring if I buy a yoga ball that I might as well do some yoga to go along with it. Reccomendations on books or videos?

PS: This chair is awesome - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ding=UTF8&n=3375301&s=sporting-goods&v=glance

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wasn't actually going to buy that chair. Duh.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Not that you want to know, but I also scratch near my balls on the golf course, but only when no one is looking.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
My (near elderly) parents have a new version of the ball filled with sand to make it ever more difficult to roll away from you....If you're gonna JUST sit on it, you might consider one weighted as such so it won't roll away while you're off sucking down java.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but what about those people who have more than one ball? What kind of different things can you do with different sized balls?

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
errrrr, excuse me.

Mis-read your thread topic, I did. May the Force be with you yada, yada, yada. Let's not mention this to anyone, okay? Lonely, I am.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
paint said:
Yeah but what about those people who have more than one ball? What kind of different things can you do with different sized balls?
i have different sized balls. it's evident what you do with them. etc etc. hth!

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
i have different sized balls. it's evident what you do with them. etc etc. hth!

coop does it in his plants......nttawwt

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
paint said:
How many here have one (or more)? I'm thinking about buying one. I slouch a LOT when I'm sitting in a computer chair and that's just not good posture. So to help, I've been sitting with a book on my head (and subsequently walking around with it, etc), but after about an hour a book substantial enough for me to remember to sit up straight starts hurting my head. Enter: the yoga ball. I wonder how large a ball I need to get to be able to see my computer monitor well if I sit on it?

Also, what's the point in putting one of those balancers on the bottom? Isn't the whole point of the ball for it to wiggle around so you have to work extra hard to stay stable (thus toning muscles and helping posture)? Does the balancer take away from that?

What kind of exercises do you do? I'm figuring if I buy a yoga ball that I might as well do some yoga to go along with it. Reccomendations on books or videos?

PS: This chair is awesome - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0008EJFYU/qid=1144092005/sr=1-58/ref=sr_1_58/102-6564596-1885749?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3375301&s=sporting-goods&v=glance
Unless you can't balance on the ball without a stand then forget the stand. Just get a Swiss ball (aka yoga ball, aka balance ball, etc, etc).

here's a book for ya:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1569244936/sr=8-7/qid=1144097528/ref=pd_bbs_7/104-5564328-5771150?%5Fencoding=UTF8

My wife is a master trainer for the Resistaball company so if ya have any specific questions I can ask her.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
"Resistaball?" As some point in the relationship, I think all wives ultimatley become masters of resisting balls. (sorry for being crass, but he kind of tee'd it up.)

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
paint said:
How many here have one (or more)? I'm thinking about buying one. I slouch a LOT when I'm sitting in a computer chair and that's just not good posture. So to help, I've been sitting with a book on my head (and subsequently walking around with it, etc), but after about an hour a book substantial enough for me to remember to sit up straight starts hurting my head. Enter: the yoga ball.

It all about the Gravitizer...sit on one of those for awhile and your posture problems will be history.....kinda spendy though, so the yoga ball is a good cheap option.....

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you kidding? 1) It's $100. 2) It's a sex toy! How would I explain sitting on that to my gramma? What about when she asks about the little hole? Huh?

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
paint said:
Are you kidding? 1) It's $100. 2) It's a sex toy! How would I explain sitting on that to my gramma? What about when she asks about the little hole? Huh?
Simply say, "Gramma recent studies have shown that ventilation is essential to proper posture". Done deal. You got to think outside the box, that's why I get along famously with my gramma. Plus I was the 1st which doesn't hurt either.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude, my gramma's wrapped around my little finger, but she can smell bullshit a mile away. Most of the time she lets me slide as long as I say it in real fancy words, but with that she'd know it's for sex. She's got 9 kids - been around the block a few times if you know what I mean.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
paint said:
Dude, my gramma's wrapped around my little finger, but she can smell bullshit a mile away. Most of the time she lets me slide as long as I say it in real fancy words, but with that she'd know it's for sex. She's got 9 kids - been around the block a few times if you know what I mean.

no kidding, mine can too but she always let me slide with a funny little smile on the corners of her mouth......That was from some spam I actually opened 'cause the tag line was so funny......either way a ridiculous amount of money for what amounts to a mini trampoline with a hole in the middle......

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I already have a mini trampoline but I doubt I'd want to be with any guy I could convince to lay underneath it. That contraption is just for girls who have no muscle. Takes all the exercise benefits out of sex.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
paint said:
That contraption is just for girls who have no muscle. Takes all the exercise benefits out of sex.

and for guys dating really fat girls, then it becomes a safety device.....

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah but the only time you should have a really fat girl on top is if you're too drunk to realize she's really fat, in which case you probably won't be using the gravitator anyway.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
paint said:
Yeah but the only time you should have a really fat girl on top is if you're too drunk to realize she's really fat, in which case you probably won't be using the gravitator anyway.

true dat......he who makes the bed ought to sleep in it.....just desserts either way

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
svend said:
It all about the Gravitizer...sit on one of those for awhile and your posture problems will be history.....kinda spendy though, so the yoga ball is a good cheap option.....
That is the most bizarre, funny thing I've seen in a while. Kind of a lazy girls sex toy?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts