·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
21,525 Posts
No, I can't

These guys are indeed amazing. It seems as though they are riding these track bikes essentially as unicycles, since the handlebars and front wheels never seem to get used. I wonder if the head sets aren't set real tight (or locked) so that the front wheels won't flop from side to side and cause balance problems.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Of course I can do that! This is how I warm up before every ride.... :rolleyes:

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They don't appear to be locked but maybe pretty tight. I saw one guy grab the bars and move the front wheel. Kinda makes track stands look pedestrian.

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
The reason why the front wheels aren't flopping around is because the forks are reversed, as are the handlebars.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
Well... If you say so, I'll give it a try.

Alrighty, I'm breaking out the fixie... trying to balance on the back wheel... oh, oh, okay, got it... now pedal forward... uh-oh, front wheel going to high... SHIEST!!... falling!... backwards!... head impacting concrete!... oh, the pain, the hideous, horrible pain...

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
now that is impressive....BUT i can stand on one leg and touch my nose......at the same time.......if i really have to.

this video makes me feel very stupid when i practice track stands. kind of like going to cirque du soleil. (sp?) definitely an experience in humility.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
fbagatelleblack said:
Well... If you say so, I'll give it a try.

Alrighty, I'm breaking out the fixie... trying to balance on the back wheel... oh, oh, okay, got it... now pedal forward... uh-oh, front wheel going to high... SHIEST!!... falling!... backwards!... head impacting concrete!... oh, the pain, the hideous, horrible pain...
how did you do it?!! i simply fell over. my narrative goes...

on the bike.....yanking on bars....sh!t3. ow, my elbow, hip, head. i can't unclip. am i alive. how much did i drink before trying this. shoot. i'll lay here and cry until the gf comes home and nurses me back to health........gee, the concrete in the driveway sure is dirty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts