Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a headwind feels better than a tailwind.

That is all.

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
North Carolina...

When a headwind feels better than a tailwind.

That is all.
I can not imagine how folks can put up with more humidity than what we have here in NC...

My daughter walked from the store to the car yesterday and we both had sweat marks on our shirts...less than 15 seconds...crazy.

Its like walking around in "thin" water, well I guess technically we always are but this stuff just sticks to you.

Mowing grass is impossible this time of year. The grass stays wet from mid July to late August...not damp, wet.

You real southerners have my full respect and pity....

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
In college I dated a girl who went to Florida State. I went to visit her in late July. The heat and humidity were crazy. Everyone would start there car 5-10 minutes early so the AC could kick in. The most amazing thing was going to downtown Tallahassee mid week and seeing all the men walking around in full suit/tie get ups. I had trouble staying dry in board shorts and a tee-shirt.

·
Non non normal
10,101 Posts
Vicksburg, MS is a special kind of hell in the summer.

I had some people coming up for business to Baltimore in late July a few years ago. I warned them that it was going to be real hot. They got indignant and told me they lived in the New Mexico desert and not insult them talking about the heat.

Well, when they got here, they walked about four blocks and looked like they had been to crossfit for 4 hours. In Md. we only get about three weeks of the H cubed, but this year we have already had a month.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
It's a soul-crushing 68 F with 40% humidity here this afternoon. I don't know how we survive it... :D

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
It's a soul-crushing 68 F with 40% humidity here this afternoon. I don't know how we survive it... :D
You got a mean streak... Wait until it's 40 below and we laugh at you!

·
Registered
525 Posts
In Louisiana, Evaporative Cooling packed up and moved to Phoenix in late May. Triple-digit heat indices just about every day since then.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Mowing grass is impossible this time of year. The grass stays wet from mid July to late August...not damp, wet.

I mow the lawn with a string trimmer during the summer here. It doesn't contact the ground so you can get away with mowing a damp lawn.

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
When you're age 70+ and you go through three pairs of Depends in a day instead of one.

·
Always changing.....
4,523 Posts
I was soaked after my 90 minute ride tonight. But that has been pretty par for the course the last few weeks.

They said tonight this is the driest it has been in this area for over 100 years. I feel bad for the farmers who may not even get a second cut of hay. Strange times we are living in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts