Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ..

Living with four other college students in a house off-campus has caused my eating habits to deteriorate, and I've gone back to my old ways of endulging in junk food and whatnot. So I want and need to get back to my usually healthy eating .. reccomendations? I weigh a little under 150lbs, 5'9", 20/m, and I know even that's not 'overweight', but I'd like to get back down to the low 140s (my weight last summer).

I've been running when I can (living off-campus, school, shooting for photography consume most of my time), but when I do get the chance I typically go out for about 50mins.

Anyway, what healthy snacks do you eat throughout the day and how do you keep your portions to actual portions? I've been stressing out more than usual this semester, and I typically resort to eating snacks way too often, that aren't healthy at all (chips, cookies, etc).

What are your favorite foods for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks? Any good recipes to check out that don't take too long to make? Links? Any recco's appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
Rochester, NY

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
djwright said:
Well ..

< snip >
I've been running when I can (living off-campus, school, shooting for photography consume most of my time), but when I do get the chance I typically go out for about 50mins.

Anyway, what healthy snacks do you eat throughout the day and how do you keep your portions to actual portions? I've been stressing out more than usual this semester, and I typically resort to eating snacks way too often, that aren't healthy at all (chips, cookies, etc).

What are your favorite foods for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks? Any good recipes to check out that don't take too long to make? Links? Any recco's appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
Rochester, NY
Biggest tip I can give you is just don't keep that kind of crap around the house or you will eat it in a moment of weakness. Better to keep stuff like fresh fruit, nuts, yogurt. Get rid of chips, soda, candy, etc.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Fruit.

Learn how to cook rice, buy some tomato sauce, a can of chickpeas, and a bag of baby spinach. You will notice, as well as being so much healthier, that you can also save alot of money this way.

·
Registered
140 Posts
ugh! what do you make w/ that combo of ingredients?!

Spunout said:
Fruit.

Learn how to cook rice, buy some tomato sauce, a can of chickpeas, and a bag of baby spinach. You will notice, as well as being so much healthier, that you can also save alot of money this way.
just kidding. ;)

i assume the items you list are things that you consider to be basics. actually that pretty much covers the contents of my kitchen right now.

rt <---- needs to go grocery shopping

·
hi, I'm Larry
2,254 Posts
Fruits & Nuts

Small meals with regular healthy snacks in between are better than big meals and starving yourself inbetween.

Eat Breakfast. Even if it is a bowl of cereal and mike (stay away from the sugar loaded stuff unless you plan on burning it off riding right away).

Snacks of fresh fruit, nuts or dried fruit are great. I keep a can of dried fruit and a can of peanuts around for snacks.

If you do fast food, drop the fries and order a side salad.

Now for the hard one, avoid beer and pop. Diet pop is okay. If you must drink drink wine or the hard stuff without a sugary mixer.

Avoid greasy stuff, and starchy stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts