Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to expand my range in the morning. Today I went up to Union Station hoping to get a shot or two of the place with a great sunrise, alas not much sunrise but a lot of fog.

I bagged it and headed down to the mall, at the base of the Capital the sun was just starting to break through and illuminated the US Grant Memorial just right. It is rare that this memorial looks as dramatic as it actually is. Lots of folks walk by never noticing the action and drama of the bronze castings. Good stuff.

Then it was off to work up and over the grounds of the Washington Monument as the last of the fog burned off.

Not the photos I was looking for but not bad either.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Tons of fog today...

Your shots came out good MB1. I was down there near Union Station this summer and I was trying to take pictures of those exact statues and I had a hell of a time trying. It was really bright and sunny and I couldn't escape glare on my lens. I also couldn't get it framed anyway that I thought looked neat without cutting off someone's head in the shot etc. You done good!

I'm beat. I just got home from my second job, it's 11pm. I go one day without carrying a spare tube and of course I get a flat. 3 mile hike through Little Italy and home for me.

The best ride's the next ride,
Arby.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
I've always thought Union Station is more interesting from the north side. That's how I've seen it all my life, from the red line, or first st. Never get tired of it. I'll have to take a few pictures next time I'm down there.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I have problems capturing complicated statues also.

The lighting highlighted this one nicely though. I've been off my bike for a month now. The weather and cold has gotten me turning chicken. I've got to get back out there. It's a fairly short ride to work anyhow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts