Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this one on Friday evening - my self-presented 50th birthday present. Done in S3 steel, slight sloping tube design by Sach White of Vanilla Bicycles. The color is purported to be the same shade as Hagen-Daz vanilla ice cream. Pieces and parts include '04 Campy Record, Newton stem, 215 bar, USE Alien post, Fizik Pave saddle and FSA RD400 wheels. Here's the broad shot:

·
keep rubber side down
624 Posts
Certainly one of the nicest bike I've seen. Period, no message.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got one 12 mile and one 20 mile ride on it so far. Rides pretty nicely, I'm happy with it. I plan of hitting the WSMR loop with it. See you there.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Aiy Carumba that's sweet...

Lovely brazed look. The full-bike shot didn't post well, I think. You lucky dog. Mine is due in 2 weeks, but it's at the opposite end of the design specturm. We'll have to get together for a ride & coffee to get better looks. Congratulations. Another masterpiece by Sacha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sweet

Happy 50th, nice build, you treated yourself well. ;) There is a steep hill at a local nature canter named "bursting heart" hill. I thought it was because of the pitch, but found that it is named for a plant.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
campyhag said:
Nice looking frame. How do you like the FSA wheels? What are the dimensions, and how long is the headtube?
I like the FSAs so far, nice ride considering their pretty reasonable price. We'll see how they hold up. Weight-wise, 1558g vs. the advertised weight of 1450.

The TT is 56 actual, 57 virtual. ST is 52 CTC and 57 CTT. Little bit of a slope, not too bad to my eye.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts