Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

At what age is it appropriate for a proper young lady from a good home, to pierce her

• 37, when she leaves the convent

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 37, or the age of legal maturity, whichever comes last

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • never, if she knows what's good for her

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • some other age - crazy huh?

Votes: 16 64.0%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
We allowed my daughter to get her ears pierced when she turned eight. One piercing per ear and her mother regulates the earrings she can wear (small studs, tiny loops only). It hasn't been a problem.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,107 Posts
Make sure you go to a good tattoo/piercing place. Those kinds of places are very strictly regulated by the health department, unlike mall places, which somehow escape the watchful eye of the county health department.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
It's funny you bring this up. Mrs. Porter just turned 30 and as a bday present she got her ears pierced for the first time. So, just tell her she can do it when Mrs. Porter did.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
My wife wanted to have our daughter's ears done when she was an infant. I said NFW, that she could get them done when she asked AND we felt could take care of them. Turns out that was age 7. She now has two in each ear.

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
I got out of the convent many years ago and have yet to get my ears pierced.

I was thinking of doing it a few years ago during one of my 37th birthdays, but we had a nephew who wrestles and seeing his cauliflower ears made me not want to do it.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Creakyknees said:
suppose they were well-trained geckos. what then?

]
I raised two daughters who both chose to work in public education after completing their master's degrees. Both had early ear piercings. I think it's a safe bet, even if she wants a Gecko piercing. She might have a future in insurance.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
il sogno said:
I got out of the convent many years ago and have yet to get my ears pierced.

I was thinking of doing it a few years ago during one of my 37th birthdays, but we had a nephew who wrestles and seeing his cauliflower ears made me not want to do it.
If you didn't get it done during your series of 29th birthdays, forget it.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
my girls had to wait until they were 10

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
My daughter started asking around age ten but due to soccer seasons we could never fit it in. I think she was 16 or 17 before she finally got them pierced. She only has one piercing in each ear and no other areas are pierced. She does have a tattoo, though.

·
What the what???
12,712 Posts
I managed to hold off my daughter, wife, and mother-in-law until my daughter turned 10. They had been pushing since she was 8. I was hoping to hold out until she was at least 13. What can I say? I was out-numbered.

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
not until after she gets out of the mountaintop island convent school

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Being the bad influence Auntie that I am, I took my nephew when he was 12 to get his ear pierced. :D

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i never understood having an infant's ears pierced. besides that, pretty much any age will do. just keep her away for the lower back tattoo.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
tomk96 said:
just keep her away for the lower back tattoo.
When my daughter said she was getting a tattoo, I told her she could have it anywhere except the lower back. :p

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
When my oldest daughter was 17, she informed me that when she turned 18, she was getting a tattoo. Later that summer, we were in New Jersey visiting my brother-in-law and we were sitting at the pool in the apartment complex. I spotted a gal whose tattoo USED to be on her butt cheek......gravity had taken it's toll.

I tapped Jess on the arm and pointed it out......with a look of horror, she informed me that she was NEVER getting a tattoo.

To the best of my knowledge, she has not.

I got my ear pierced on my 40th birthday....never had anything but a diamond in it....

1 - 20 of 69 Posts