Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Young Mr. Hotty is coming to my house on an errand.

I'm going to frisk him for cameras before he comes in. If he does manage to snap off a few pictures with his shoe-cam, you guys better be nice. The way you treated his parents was savage.

I've told my wife to be out of the house.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:

I'm going to frisk him for cameras before he comes in. If he does manage to snap off a few pictures with his shoe-cam, you guys better be nice. The way you treated his parents was savage.

Post a Pic:D

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Nah, I won't bring a camera. Anyway, you're working to make your house look better. Our house looked fine and my parents worked to make it look crazy. There's a distinction.

I do like the outside of your house... I rode by last week and snapped this pic:

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Watch our for RBRers with cameras

Alex-in-Evanston said:

The first time that Arby came to my house he took some pictures in my kitchen, which not only would fail to meet most of the decorating standards of the deniens of the Lounge but was a mess (dirty dishes, newspapers strewn about, etc.). I had no idea until the next day when he posted a ride report and a few kitchen pics were there. Fortunately, Arby did not identify the owner of the kitchen in the photos and all of you here on RBR were too polite to comment on the mess.

The only reason that I did not comment on Scott's parents' decorating was that I thought about the kitchen in the house my parents bought in 1971 when I was 12. The kitchen had avocado green tiles, brown appliances, orange and white wallpaper. The Brady Bunch would have felt right at home. After I returned home from a visit to Graceland last fall, my mother's nose was very much out of joint when I told her that Graceland's decor reminded me of our 1971-era house (our house was much, much more modest, however). My mother's current house probably would pass muster with most RBRers -- it is very plain and in good taste. Maybe Scotty's parents just are going through a bad decorating phase.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
It was probably was an acid flashback. They might think it's '71.

MarkS said:
The first time that Arby came to my house he took some pictures in my kitchen, which not only would fail to meet most of the decorating standards of the deniens of the Lounge but was a mess (dirty dishes, newspapers strewn about, etc.). I had no idea until the next day when he posted a ride report and a few kitchen pics were there. Fortunately, Arby did not identify the owner of the kitchen in the photos and all of you here on RBR were too polite to comment on the mess.

The only reason that I did not comment on Scott's parents' decorating was that I thought about the kitchen in the house my parents bought in 1971 when I was 12. The kitchen had avocado green tiles, brown appliances, orange and white wallpaper. The Brady Bunch would have felt right at home. After I returned home from a visit to Graceland last fall, my mother's nose was very much out of joint when I told her that Graceland's decor reminded me of our 1971-era house (our house was much, much more modest, however). My mother's current house probably would pass muster with most RBRers -- it is very plain and in good taste. Maybe Scotty's parents just are going through a bad decorating phase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts