Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last family visit for a couple of months. Took Bigbill Senior on a tour of Pearl Harbor, visited the Arizona Memorial, went to a FiaFia (Samoan Luau), and had many tropical drinks with umbrellas.

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More

A guy in a tree, typical sunset, luau. Whenever people come out to visit, we always take them to the FiaFia out at Ko Olina. There are many luaus to choose from and they are all good, but the fiafia is a small show that is presented on a personal level. The Paradise Cove luau has around 600 people, the FiaFia has around 100. The Samoan culture is one of the best for preserving their traditions.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Gee Bill! Shame about the weather. (It's going to be 35F here tonight. I'm looking for my balaclava so I can ride to work tomorrow).

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr. Versatile said:
Gee Bill! Shame about the weather. (It's going to be 35F here tonight. I'm looking for my balaclava so I can ride to work tomorrow).
I feel your pain. I have commuted in the Pacific NW, coastal Virginia and South Carolina. My next tour of duty will put me in Italy for about seven months followed by about a year in the Pac NW. I won't have to commute in Italy since I will live at work (ship), but will commute to Bremerton, WA. After Bremerton will probably be Diego Garcia (dot in the Indian Ocean) which supposedly has a strong contingent of British riders. Nothing else to do.

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Cool stuff Bill. Bet you're going to miss it, even with Italy to explore. I don't envy you if you end up stuck on Diego. Something about a circle of rocks in the middle of nowhere that just doesn't do it for me. Have to agree on the rack and nice Class A's (I think that's what they're called if I remember, if not. . .oh well. . .my memory is going.)

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ridgetop said:
Cool stuff Bill. Bet you're going to miss it, even with Italy to explore. I don't envy you if you end up stuck on Diego. Something about a circle of rocks in the middle of nowhere that just doesn't do it for me. Have to agree on the rack and nice Class A's (I think that's what they're called if I remember, if not. . .oh well. . .my memory is going.)
From what I can gather, Diego Garcia has beer and a perimeter road. Excellent training for the arms and legs. Count on the Brits to have the basics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.