Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Your Dream Bike

10K views 72 replies 47 participants last post by  1stmh 
easy, dream bike

Campy equipped Richard Sachs cx rig.

Campy Equipped Pegoretti Big Leg Emma

oh and Mavic SCC calipers stop way better than the records.

if I was saying dream production road bike.

Merckx AXM record 10, Boras, Mavic SCC Brakes, 11-25 cassette
with Truvativ Rouler Carbon Compact Crank in 177.5

mmmm e-richie

though I'd have to train like a mofo to not feel like a Fred on one of his crossers. actually I already train hard, I better get to Spain before they close up shop

vdub

go to Marin county on a weekend. hang out in Fairfax, San Anselmo, etc... and keep your eyes open. Then you'll see some soccer mom riding one with baskets and groceries. Run up to her and offer $$$$$. there are tons of epic vintage MTBs in Marin now being used as townies. Cunningham racer would be fine for me,my brother has his eyes out. (he lives there)

well on a Sachs roadie yes

carb850 said:
I would feel more Fred like on an aero full carbon bike with deep dished low spoke count wheels than I would on a classic steel race bike.
Any clue of the price or wait period for a new Sachs? I'm not in the market, just curious is all.
I'd feel fine but I want a Sachs Crosser. I'd feel bad for all the guys who are faster that have to wait for mine to get made. yeah around 2800 and I heard that it's a really looooooong 18 months (more like 24).

Richard posts here often, (e-Richie) ask him yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.