Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts
Wookiebiker said:
I'm really close to owning it already...

I've got my Custom Curtlo and the only thing I'd change is some of the components.

Wheel set: Chris King disc MTB hubs, Mavic Open pro rims, 32 14/15 DB spokes
Headset: Chris King
Crank: Not really particular here...Just something very stiff and lighter than my FSA Energy cranks (must be compact)

I would love SRAM to come out with a hydraulic disc brake set and shifters for 10 speed road stuff. That would give lighter weight and a bit better modulation than my Avids.

Overall, it would lighten my bike by 2-3 pounds and still be very strong for my weight and size.

Other than that....I'm in love with my Curtlo.

Sweet bike....I'm ordering a Curtlo 29" mountain bike next week!

Pretty much as pictured.....

I am drooling over the new 928SL.I'd want mine just as this one pictured but with a Record Crankset,zero offset post and SLR carbonio.Hell,while were are dreaming a set of Light weight wheels would be nice.:D

I also would rather have something other than the ITM bar/stem.

R.Rice said:

I am drooling over the new 928SL.I'd want mine just as this one pictured but with a Record Crankset,zero offset post and SLR carbonio.Hell,while were are dreaming a set of Light weight wheels would be nice.:D

The ultra boras are cost more than that whole bike built up! The cooler frame is the Carbon Lugged in Liquigas white scheme. They only run $1900 (listen to me like it's change in my pocket.) Very pretty in white, celeste and lime green.

Interesting question.

Not sure there is any such thing as a "dream bike" since there is always something interesting around the corner. But, the wheels in my pea brain are always turning and currently they're turning on these:

1)

Reynolds 953 frame, white with panels exposing the stainless
Some mix of Chorus and Record
Stronglight Pulsion crank
Zero G brakes
Yet another set of custom hoops from Mike Garcia
Syntace F99 stem
Some Fizik saddle
Some Look pedals
Some seatpost
Conti tires

2)

Some kind of hybrid road-cross bike with S&S couplers. I'm moving overseas and I'm trying to piece together something for the purpose of riding in places where I don't know what the roads will look like.

Steel frame and fork with clearance, bright orange metalfleck with blue lettering
DA9 gruppo (sitting around doing nothing)
Cantis
A slightly more robust than normal wheelset, maybe OPs with DA hubs (already have a set) with 25-32 baldies
Usual suspects for control surfaces
Second pair of cross levers on the bars
Crank Brothers Quattros so that I can use MTB shoes

My dream bike would be...

Probably a

Time VXRS
Ridley Damocles
or a Colnago C50

I'm really not too picky. One of the "sprinters" bikes... I'm pretty heavy, so I want something stiff.

As far as components go... top shelf. Record or DA. Like I said... I'm not too picky.

And Wheels? Deep-ish. 404s, Stradius DVs? Clincher, duhh.

And as far as the "details" go (bars/stem/seatpost....)... I really don't care. They just have to be the same brand. It looks pretty goofy to me when I see an Easton seatpost, Ritchey stem, and FSA bars.

Cranks MUST be 53/39 (none of this compact b.s.). And it has to come with a hostload of cassettes in different sizes for different applications. 11-21/25 for crits, all the way up to 12-27 for the huge mountains.

Bottom line: Light, stiff, racing machine. :D

AlexCad5 said:
The ultra boras are cost more than that whole bike built up! The cooler frame is the Carbon Lugged in Liquigas white scheme. They only run $1900 (listen to me like it's change in my pocket.) Very pretty in white, celeste and lime green.
According to Bianchi that bike built the way pictures is $11k.

I like the 928L but i would rather have this frame.It is a 900gram frame set.:thumbsup:

I had a dream... It was a red DeRosa SLX track Bike with almost all Campy Pista and Phil hubs.. so i built it

Then I had another dream... It was a baby blue DeSalvo Steel frame with a mix of Record and Chorus and Zipp wheels... so I built it.

Never mind the mountain bike dream.

... wonder what I'll dream up next?

My Dream bike . . .

. . . is a Team Schwinn Wheaties frame I bought NOS last Feb. I decked her out in a mish-mash of Dura Ace 7401, 7401 & 7410 parts. The only non-Dura Ace parts are the cogs and chain. It has a Cinelli 140mm 1A stem coupled with a Cinelli Campione del Mondo 66-44 bars. I even paid a mucho dinero for a matching vintage Wheaties jersey on eBay only to find out that Performance had an updated version for much less (got the macthing socks too).

R.Rice said:

That's my dream bike too except I'd have all DA with DA Carbon wheels too.

atpjunkie said:
though I'd have to train like a mofo to not feel like a Fred on one of his crossers. actually I already train hard, I better get to Spain before they close up shop
I'm sure you can find a US based BALCO type of operation to help you with your needs, ask a random baseball player and you should be able to make a connection...

Orbea

Something like this

My M.L.C. bike...

...or, Mid-Life-Crisis Bike.

Ti Steve Potts 29er w/Ti Type 2 Fork, LD Stem, Dirt Drops, and Cunningham Roller-Cam Brakes.

For Road... Hmmmm, I'd say a bike from Sacha V. or Mr. Kish.

Hmmm I would have different frames for different conditions. Cervelo r3 or Time vxrs for climbs and sprints, Cervelo r3 for cobbles, Cervelo soloist Aluminium or Carbon for nearly everything. Definitely the Time TT bike as used by Boygueas telecom and Quick Step for TT's obviously. On all the bikes I would have Campagnolo record with an alloy crank 175mm. Maybe some Campagnolo Bora's with Veloflex Pave's as the wheels, Deda Newton for stem and bar aswell as Chris King upfront. For training and maybe for the TT bike I would have the Powermeter cranks hooked up. Lastly the training bike would probably be a Merckx steel bike with Centaur and more bulky componentry ala Deda Big Piega Bars/ stem 32 or 36 spoke steel hubbed wheels and a powermeter aswell.

That is in my dreams and trust me I have it all worked out! but I would (probably already have) bore you with the details.

In reality I could live one of my more value dreams in a few months.
Cervelo Soloist Aluminium
Full Centaur
FSA Gossamer compact crankset 50/34
Cassette: 11-23
Velomax/ Easton Tempest II wheelset (30mm deep rims and just 1550 grams!)
Veloflex Pave's with Michelin ultralite tubes
Cervelo CARBON s/post
Selle Italia Ti railed flite saddle
FSA OS 140 stem
FSA Wing Pro H/bars
Chris King H/set
Should equate to about $3800 aussie dollars...cant wait. VERY aero and still light enough considering I am only 58kg's we should climb ok ;).

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.