Brake Pads-Zipp Brake Pads Pair...$18
Chain-Campagnolo Chain Record 10 Ultra Narrow...$50
Cassette-Campagnolo Cassette 10 Speed Ti-Steel...$206
Skewers-Zipp Skewers Titanium...$50
Brake Lines-Aztec Powerlines Brake Cable Set Road...$30
Derailleur lines-Aztec Powerlines Derailleur Cableset...$35
Saddle-Specialized Toupe 143...$150
TOTAL PRICE(before discount): $5559
TOTAL PRICE(after discount): $4448 approx.

See less See more
#2 ·
A Waterford similar tothe one MB-1 rides.
I'd want 135 spacing because I ride a freewheel.
Phil hubs, Eno freewheel, Salsa rims, wide rims, light, strong and inexpensive, brake Campy levers, Paul Neo canits,
I have the crank and bb, saddle and post, Old stock Raceface Trubine, new Flite, and salsa post. Salsa Bell lap bars, and some stem. I am not too particular

#3 ·
easy, dream bike

Campy equipped Richard Sachs cx rig.

Campy Equipped Pegoretti Big Leg Emma

oh and Mavic SCC calipers stop way better than the records.

if I was saying dream production road bike.

Merckx AXM record 10, Boras, Mavic SCC Brakes, 11-25 cassette
with Truvativ Rouler Carbon Compact Crank in 177.5

#4 · (Edited)
Frame-Richard Sachs 2006 Signature Road...$?
Wheels-Campagnolo Neutron...$900
Handle Bars-Deda Elementi Spectrum Wing...$400
Stem-Deda Elementi Forza...$270
Seatpost-Thomson Elite Masterpiece...$140
Crankset-Campagnolo Record Carbon Compact...$500
Bottem Bracket-Campagnolo Record...$100
Headset-Chris King headset No thread...$130
Shifters-Campagnolo Record ErgoPower Levers 10spd...$300
Rear Derailleur-Campagnolo Record Rear Derailleur 10spd...$280
Front Derailleur-Campagnolo Record Front Derailleur...$110
Brakes-Campagnolo Record Brake Calipers...$250
Chain-Campagnolo Chain Record 10 Ultra Narrow...$50
Cassette-Campagnolo Cassette 10 Speed Ti-Steel...$206
Saddle-Undecided...$?
TOTAL PRICE(before discount): $3636 + frameset

#5 ·
mmmm e-richie

though I'd have to train like a mofo to not feel like a Fred on one of his crossers. actually I already train hard, I better get to Spain before they close up shop

#7 ·
atpjunkie said:
though I'd have to train like a mofo to not feel like a Fred on one of his crossers. actually I already train hard, I better get to Spain before they close up shop

I would feel more Fred like on an aero full carbon bike with deep dished low spoke count wheels than I would on a classic steel race bike.

Any clue of the price or wait period for a new Sachs? I'm not in the market, just curious is all.

#9 ·
carb850 said:
Any clue of the price or wait period for a new Sachs? I'm not in the market, just curious is all.
According to his web site, a $400 non-refundable deposit gets you on the waiting list. Final price cannot be determined until he actually gets to your frame, due to the long lead time. He's currently delivering bikes ordered ~18 months ago at a base price of around $2800.

#11 ·
vdub

go to Marin county on a weekend. hang out in Fairfax, San Anselmo, etc... and keep your eyes open. Then you'll see some soccer mom riding one with baskets and groceries. Run up to her and offer $$$$$. there are tons of epic vintage MTBs in Marin now being used as townies. Cunningham racer would be fine for me,my brother has his eyes out. (he lives there)

#12 ·
well on a Sachs roadie yes

carb850 said:
I would feel more Fred like on an aero full carbon bike with deep dished low spoke count wheels than I would on a classic steel race bike.
I'd feel fine but I want a Sachs Crosser. I'd feel bad for all the guys who are faster that have to wait for mine to get made. yeah around 2800 and I heard that it's a really looooooong 18 months (more like 24).

Richard posts here often, (e-Richie) ask him yourself.

#13 · (Edited)
Not in any order but as i thought them up
Lugged Kirk sounds cool, custom
Custom Curtlo,
Custom Landshark,
Custom Independent Fabrication,
Custom Serotta,
Custom Steelman,
custom DeSalvo
De rosa Primato
Gios Compact pro
All Steel, in a beautiful rat rod red
Is there a pattern? i don't care about weight, i'll still be slow..........

#14 ·
atpjunkie said:
go to Marin county on a weekend. hang out in Fairfax, San Anselmo, etc... and keep your eyes open. Then you'll see some soccer mom riding one with baskets and groceries. Run up to her and offer $$$$$. there are tons of epic vintage MTBs in Marin now being used as townies. Cunningham racer would be fine for me,my brother has his eyes out. (he lives there)
whenever i'm in that part of the world i keep my eyes peeled. i want one bad and i dont want to pay market value :D

#16 ·
Waterford model 2200 with a 1" head tube and a threaded steel fork. Also with downtube shift bosses and painted lugs.
Ps. split cable guides, also.......None of this integrated head tube stuff for me.

#17 ·
atpjunkie said:
I'd feel fine but I want a Sachs Crosser. I'd feel bad for all the guys who are faster that have to wait for mine to get made. yeah around 2800 and I heard that it's a really looooooong 18 months (more like 24).

Richard posts here often, (e-Richie) ask him yourself.
I did not know the connection, thanks for the info. As for the wait times, that is about what I was guessing. If it was 60 months, then I might have the funds time my number is called :)

#19 · (Edited)
I'm really close to owning it already...

I've got my Custom Curtlo and the only thing I'd change is some of the components.

Wheel set: Chris King disc MTB hubs, Mavic Open pro rims, 32 14/15 DB spokes
Headset: Chris King
Crank: Not really particular here...Just something very stiff and lighter than my FSA Energy cranks (must be compact)

I would love SRAM to come out with a hydraulic disc brake set and shifters for 10 speed road stuff. That would give lighter weight and a bit better modulation than my Avids.

Overall, it would lighten my bike by 2-3 pounds and still be very strong for my weight and size.

Other than that....I'm in love with my Curtlo.

#20 ·
Phat&SlowVelo said:
Mine is easy, exactly as pictured and ya'all can call me Fred anytime. :D
Hey, that looks quite a bit like mine, and as it happens my bike is my dream bike, or at least about 98% so. Once my cranks arrive--about 1 more month--and once someone comes up with an aluminum seatpost w/ setback that is light and not butt ugly like the Thompson, it will be 100% my dream bike.

So as it stands my dreambike will be/is:

57.5cm Moots Compact
Campy Record 10 FD, RD, Brifters
Reynolds Ouzo Pro Anatomic CF bars
Ritchey WCS OS Stem
CK headset, pink of course
Powercordz cables in Shimano housings
Cinelli tape
Polar CS200cad 'puter
Kack FSA cranks (awaiting arrival of THM Carbones Compact Clavicula cranks)
Kack FSA chainrings (Stronglight CT2 chainrings are in the drawer, awaiting the Claviculas)
Kack Shimano Ultegra BB (replace w/ nothing: the Claviculas have integrated BB)
Speedplay X/2 pedals
Moots Ti Layback seatpost (awaiting New Ultimate Al seatpost w/ setback?)
Fi'zi:k Aliante saddle
Zero Gravity Ti brakes
Yellow Swisstop pads
KMC X10SL chain
Cycle Dyanamics Ti cassette
Reynolds Stratus DV wheels
Vittora Evo Corsa CX tubies

For me, the Moots Compact blows the pants off the Waterford frame I had before......blows 'em way off.

#21 ·
Wookiebiker said:
I'm really close to owning it already...

I've got my Custom Curtlo and the only thing I'd change is some of the components.

Wheel set: Chris King disc MTB hubs, Mavic Open pro rims, 32 14/15 DB spokes
Headset: Chris King
Crank: Not really particular here...Just something very stiff and lighter than my FSA Energy cranks (must be compact)

I would love SRAM to come out with a hydraulic disc brake set and shifters for 10 speed road stuff. That would give lighter weight and a bit better modulation than my Avids.

Overall, it would lighten my bike by 2-3 pounds and still be very strong for my weight and size.

Other than that....I'm in love with my Curtlo.

Sweet bike....I'm ordering a Curtlo 29" mountain bike next week!

#22 ·
Pretty much as pictured.....

I am drooling over the new 928SL.I'd want mine just as this one pictured but with a Record Crankset,zero offset post and SLR carbonio.Hell,while were are dreaming a set of Light weight wheels would be nice.:D

I also would rather have something other than the ITM bar/stem.

#23 ·
R.Rice said:

I am drooling over the new 928SL.I'd want mine just as this one pictured but with a Record Crankset,zero offset post and SLR carbonio.Hell,while were are dreaming a set of Light weight wheels would be nice.:D

I also would rather have something other than the ITM bar/stem.
The ultra boras are cost more than that whole bike built up! The cooler frame is the Carbon Lugged in Liquigas white scheme. They only run $1900 (listen to me like it's change in my pocket.) Very pretty in white, celeste and lime green.

#25 ·
Interesting question.

Not sure there is any such thing as a "dream bike" since there is always something interesting around the corner. But, the wheels in my pea brain are always turning and currently they're turning on these:

1)

Reynolds 953 frame, white with panels exposing the stainless
Some mix of Chorus and Record
Stronglight Pulsion crank
Zero G brakes
Yet another set of custom hoops from Mike Garcia
Syntace F99 stem
Some Fizik saddle
Some Look pedals
Some seatpost
Conti tires

2)

Some kind of hybrid road-cross bike with S&S couplers. I'm moving overseas and I'm trying to piece together something for the purpose of riding in places where I don't know what the roads will look like.

Steel frame and fork with clearance, bright orange metalfleck with blue lettering
DA9 gruppo (sitting around doing nothing)
Cantis
A slightly more robust than normal wheelset, maybe OPs with DA hubs (already have a set) with 25-32 baldies
Usual suspects for control surfaces
Second pair of cross levers on the bars
Crank Brothers Quattros so that I can use MTB shoes

#26 ·
My dream bike would be...

Probably a

Time VXRS
Ridley Damocles
or a Colnago C50

I'm really not too picky. One of the "sprinters" bikes... I'm pretty heavy, so I want something stiff.

As far as components go... top shelf. Record or DA. Like I said... I'm not too picky.

And Wheels? Deep-ish. 404s, Stradius DVs? Clincher, duhh.

And as far as the "details" go (bars/stem/seatpost....)... I really don't care. They just have to be the same brand. It looks pretty goofy to me when I see an Easton seatpost, Ritchey stem, and FSA bars.

Cranks MUST be 53/39 (none of this compact b.s.). And it has to come with a hostload of cassettes in different sizes for different applications. 11-21/25 for crits, all the way up to 12-27 for the huge mountains.

Bottom line: Light, stiff, racing machine. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.