Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the thin sport inserts from yoursole in a new pair of Sidi shoes. I've noticed a little bit more heel lift than I'd like though. Is anyone familiar with the thin casual inserts? The website says that they are 2.0mm vs 2.5mm for the sport. Curious if the measurements include the heel.
 

·
eRacer
Joined
·
2,555 Posts
Why not use the insole that comes with the shoe.
They work great for me.

john
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jmlapoint said:
Why not use the insole that comes with the shoe.
They work great for me.

john
Not enough arch support, otherwise I would. I've tried the specialized red and the shimano inserts. Both have less thickness in the heel but cause numbness within 10 minutes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,457 Posts
tone12 said:
I've been using the thin sport inserts from yoursole in a new pair of Sidi shoes. I've noticed a little bit more heel lift than I'd like though. Is anyone familiar with the thin casual inserts? The website says that they are 2.0mm vs 2.5mm for the sport. Curious if the measurements include the heel.

I don't have that an issue with heel lift with the SOLE thin sport inserts with my Northwave shoes (I use the same insoles for my cleats when I play softball & football)

I assume you molded them correctly, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tednugent said:
I don't have that an issue with heel lift with the SOLE thin sport inserts with my Northwave shoes (I use the same insoles for my cleats when I play softball & football)

I assume you molded them correctly, right?
Yes, followed the directions so they should have been molded correctly. Was a good thought though. It's entirely possible I just need to get use to them! I like the arch support, just feels like my heel is sitting a little high in the shoe.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
605 Posts
tone12 said:
I've been using the thin sport inserts from yoursole in a new pair of Sidi shoes. I've noticed a little bit more heel lift than I'd like though. Is anyone familiar with the thin casual inserts? The website says that they are 2.0mm vs 2.5mm for the sport. Curious if the measurements include the heel.

When I molded mine for my Sidi's I really drove my heel into the heel cup, standing on only my heel with the toe up in the air part of the time to make sure the heel was molded as best as I could muster. I have had the heel lift issue with both the superfeet green and the specialized green but not the thin sports. If you didn't make sure your heel was really in the heel cup you may want to re-mold them. I have ergo's now and they have the heel retention thing but without that in use and also in a genius pro 5 I didn't have heel lift issues.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top