Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
imbasilical moreon
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TEAM DIRECTOR ALAIN GALLOPIN ON CSC'S MAIN-MAN TODAY, DAVID ZABRISKIE: "He hasn't come to Rennes before the Tour so, after yesterday's stage, we drove the route in the car along with Carlos Sastre. This morning the team rode most of the stage with a focus on the final section."

what...I can't believe DZ hasn't scouted out this route...is this a psyche out?

discuss........

·
I'm wearing 4" stilettos
205 Posts
randyg said:
He and his coach rode it this morning.
I thinnk bonkmeister's point is that DZ didn't scout out the course weeks/months ahead of time ala Lance Armstrong. I'm surprised as well given that the TT is his specialty, you'd think he'd want the advantage of knowing what to look out for, what turns are tricky etc.
I bet Bobby Julich is wishing he'd done a little reconnaissance training right now....:crazy:

·
imbasilical moreon
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mocat4 said:
I thinnk bonkmeister's point is that DZ didn't scout out the course weeks/months ahead of time ala Lance Armstrong. I'm surprised as well given that the TT is his specialty, you'd think he'd want the advantage of knowing what to look out for, what turns are tricky etc.
I bet Bobby Julich is wishing he'd done a little reconnaissance training right now....:crazy:
...my point exactly Mo !!! ...it seems like a no brainer to me ...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, I'd be stunned if he didn't recon the TT before the tour began, or at least recon it several times on the bike during the morning. That seems to be common with many riders. I just don't get it, it's simply doing your homework.

BTW, do people actually read the original post before reply?

·
I'm wearing 4" stilettos
205 Posts
From Velonews.com:

Another American with big hopes for the stage, CSC's David Zabriskie, had to settle for 13th place. "I was hoping for the win, but sometimes it doesn't work," Zabriskie said. "Honestly, I wish could have seen this course in advance. It was hard to get a feel for it. It's like a circus out there."
Further proof that DZ didn't recon the course....who's fault is that? His? Riis'? He's a big boy, I think he could have made time in his schedule even if wasn't on his team's schedule.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.