Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Zanconato Custom Steel::Built It Up

I've been posting the build process of my custom Zanconato for the past few months (do a search for "Zanconato" if you want to see it) and have finally built up the bike. No, I didn't weight it. It's a 50cm, so it's probably 17-18 pounds.

I let Zank pick the tubes (Dedacciai) and the colors. Gracias, Mike! Credit to Toby Stanton at Hot Tubes for the paint job. I tried to get photos of the lug work, but was cut off by a thunderstorm. More pics to come later.

Frame: Zanconato custom steel (Dedacciai Zero)
Lugs: Richard Sachs
Fork: Zanconato custom steel
Wheels: Eric Gottesman (Ergott) custom: Velocity Aerohead rims, Tune hubs, DT Aerolite spokes
Tires: Conti GP 4000 (gold)
Stem/bars/post: Ritchey
Bartape: Cinelli
Headset: Chris King
Derailleurs/Brakes/Brifters: Campy Record Carbon (except for front der.--waiting on the UPS man)
Cranks, BB: Campy Record Carbon
Cassette: Campy Chorus
Chain: Campy
Cages: Elite Cuissi
Pedals: Time RXS
Seat: Fizik Aireone (pointed skyward for now!)
Computer: None

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only have about 70 miles on it, so not really enough time for a ride report yet. The photos exaggerate the seat angle, but, yes, a little too much tilt. I'm still playing with it.

MB1 said:
Nice looking bike. Black and gold is classy.

Have you ridden it yet? The seat angle looks a little severe for me.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm...truth be told, I tried a Brooks saddle on this first, and I hated it. I felt like it was pushing me way forward over the bars. So I put my old Aireone back on and right now am overcompensating for the Brooks by tipping it back. Although, yes, the photo makes it seem more tipped than it is.

Plus, this Ritchey seatpost is quite a bit more of a hassle to adjust that the Thompson I'm used to, so I am disinclined to futz with it as much as I should.

Yep, Insight D., stability is the key word. The saddle is right in the middle of the seatpost clamp, pretty much where Zank wants me for KOPS. And he nailed the seat height-bar height spot on. I've got a 1cm spacer under the stem, and that's the most I'll ever need.

Insight Driver said:
What I see in your bike is a good stable riding charcteristic. Is that so, or is it a trick of the perspective of the picture?

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Classy, indeed. It's like a CU Buffs machine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.