Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
I've spent over three years on Zero Gravity brakes and they stop very well. Do you need more power when you can lock a brake up? The misconception that they are weaker is false but all brakes do modulate differently and this is what most people are feeling when the say they are weaker. The centering can be an issue since you really need a tool to re-center them Zero Gravity brake. It doesn't happen much, I think only 2 or 3 times with me, and you do need to be careful during wheel changes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
0G/NG brakes

I recently bought a new bike and requested NG brakes. These were unavailable and I was given a set of 0G loaners. VERY poor stopping performance. I swapped them for a set of DuraAce brakes. MUCH better! Then my NG brakes came in. They were somewhere in between the 0G and DA brakes. After riding for a couple of weeks, I replaced them with the heavier but stronger DA's. I have a nice pair of Ti NG brakes for sale now.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've not had any issues with ZG brakes, never give them much thought, I pull the trigger and they stop me, despite the speed. Centering was only an issue on install, really requires careful cable housing length cutting. Nice brakes, light and well-made. I use the SwissStop greens

·
Banned
978 Posts
Actually, he didn't. .

Rubber Lizard said:
You pretty much described zero gravity brakes. Super light, but not the greatest stoppers.
They are an utter waste of money. I don't understand spending all that cash for a non-rotating component. Do yourself a favor and buy some super-light hand-built wheels. THAT'S where you see real benefit, not something frigging silly thing like brakes, especially on a road bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.