Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cla.Fio
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From picture on internet I don't understand if in rear wheel (Zipp 303 or 404, it's the same) in drive side, internal rays cross external rays (in this case in cross one ray touch other ray) or internal ray pass under external ray (in this case in cross, internal rays doesn't touch external rays).

Anyone can solve me this problem? I must building a couple of Zipp wheel

Thank you
Claudio

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
cfiorini said:
From picture on internet I don't understand if in rear wheel (Zipp 303 or 404, it's the same) in drive side, internal rays cross external rays (in this case in cross one ray touch other ray) or internal ray pass under external ray (in this case in cross, internal rays doesn't touch external rays).

Anyone can solve me this problem? I must building a couple of Zipp wheel

Thank you
Claudio

If you are lacing the wheels like Zipp does, the front and non drive side are radial and the rear drive side is 2 cross. The spokes are straight pull due to the way the hub drilled, you can see which way the spokes enter the flange. The head on the spoke in countersunk into the flange. As far as crossing, the spokes should overlap at the second crossing.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. You could also call Zipp as they are very helpful on the phone.

-Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.