1. The wheels feel solid - no flex
2. The brake surface provides good braking power and great modulation. No pulsation what so ever.
3. At 65 grams heavier than the Ksyriums SL I did not feel that much difference in acceleration, however, at speeds over 22mph is where the real difference was made.
Keeping a pace of 26-30 mph was a helluva lot easier that with the aluminium clinchers
I did noticed the aero advantages. I felt bad because my ridding buddies ride fulcrum 1s and 0s on a willier cento 1 and a BMC SLX 01, respectively, and I felt like I was cheating.
4. The zipp skewers are lighter than the Ksyrium SL
5. The zipps roll better (less rolling resistance) that the mavic hub.
6. the wheels came with a special zipp rim tape, valve extensions, skewers, and zipp cork pads.
7. I mounted a pair of Vittoria CX open corsa 290tpi and they are fanastic for the rim.
A forum community dedicated to Road Bike owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about bike parts, components, deals, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!