Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at 2 new bikes one of them comes with Zipp 404s which I do not want. Before I make my choice on which bike to get I was wondering how much selling the wheels would offset the cost of the bike.

The wheels would come with Vittoria Corsa Evo CX, 700 x 21c, tubular tires and SwissStop Yellow King cartridge pads.

I'm not looking for top dollar I would rather price them a little low and have a quick sale. How much do you think I could get?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
If you are buying a new bike from your LBS, many will work with you on the wheelsets, assuming they have something you want in stock and they can resell a set of Zipp 404 tubulars. Have no idea what dealer or OEM cost on Zipp is but I've been told that the markup isn't that high.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I work for a Cycling Training Center and will be ordering the bike direct form the manufacture. Since we are a training center and not a store we really don't stock parts. Most of our business is from coaching, and bike fittings. We have a few floor models of the brands we carry, do a fit and then order the bikes as needed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll buy your Zipps for 150.00. :)

With a new set over 2k, I think if you were in the 1000-1200 range you will have no issues selling them quickly. Better hurry though, we are headed into fall/winter and there might not be too many people looking for new carbon wheels until March.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts