Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting the new Zipp SL handlebars (31.8 clamp). They weigh about 160 grams and cost $350 (ain't cheap). I would like to hear from anyone who has these bars. Are they comfortable for people who have long fingers and like to ride occasionally on the tops?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I have the 2007 model (deep drop). Now they're available in different sizes. As hard as it is to believe, the weights not an exaggeration. Mine came in at 165 grams, which is really amazing. I like them a lot. I like how they taper from the clamp size down to rest of the bar. I believe this is unique to the Zipps. I wish the cable grooves were a bit deeper. I also have a Specialized S-Works SL bar on one of my bikes, which I prefer a bit shape-wise over the Zipp. But the reason I bought the Zipp is because the S-Works SL hasn't been listed on the online Specialized store for 6 months. Emailed Specialized, never heard anything back, so Zipp got my money. :)

·
Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
I'm on my third season on mine. Plenty stiff and I love the deep drop. The weight was a bit off at 173 grams for my pair although the 13 grams over might be helping the stiffness on the bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.