Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed Wiggle & Ribble have stopped carrying Zipp wheels -- what gives ?

Ribble has just a few odds n' ends left, seems they're winding down remaining stock. Not even listed at Wiggle.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Ribble won't be carrying Assos either soon. Lots of brands don't like the way they do things and are trying to clamp down. The official answer I got from them was that they are classified as wholesale businesses and therefore aren't authorized distributors for many brands. Many brands only want ADs selling their stuff.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
And sales volume for some manufactures will drop. Ribble made Assos a decent value for some of bibs and jerseys, at typical US prices they are better value options IMHO

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
Bike Tires Direct has the Zipp 202, 303, and 404 clinchers for $2099.99. The prices are considerably lower if you're a gold member, but not everyone has that.

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bike Tires Direct has the Zipp 202, 303, and 404 clinchers for $2099.99. The prices are considerably lower if you're a gold member, but not everyone has that.
I checked that out -- nice "Gold Member" prices -- but virtually no Zipp tubular wheels.
Just a rear disc wheel and disc brake versions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts