Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran out of vitimin Z a couple days ago, and the pharmacy has messed up. Prescription still not ready. How long 'til I self destruct?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
firstrax said:
Double dose of Nyquil will get you through until refill.
Does Zoloft work? I have sleep issues.
Zoloft is an antidepressant, so if your sleep issues are caused by depression, yes it might help. Then again, so might Benadryl, if it's just good old insomnia.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
snapdragen said:
I ran out of vitimin Z a couple days ago, and the pharmacy has messed up. Prescription still not ready. How long 'til I self destruct?

Well Their Satanic Majesties Request should help. :rolleyes::)

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Aren't there several anti depressants right now involved in some kind of law suit because one of the side-effects is suicide? I'm pretty sure Zoloft was one of them, but it could just be a scummy law firm looking to score easy cash. Still, I couldn't help but note the irony of a side-effect of an anti-depressant being suicide.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
rocco said:
Well Their Satanic Majesties Request should help. :rolleyes::)

Zoloft or sertraline is an SSRI or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It has a a half life of about 26 hours for the parent drug, however, the metabolite which is N-desmethylsertraline has a half life of about 66 hours, this means that every 66 hours, the available metabolite decreases by 50%. Depending on your dosage, this could take many days until it is completely out of your system. The more worrisome thing is whether or not you may have an exacerbation of your symptoms. Even once you recieve the drug, you may find it will take up to 1, maybe even two weeks to get back to normal. Hope that helps.;)

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
snapdragen said:
You should be able to hold out at least a couple more days with a big bag of weed and a fews jugs of E&J Gallo burgundy.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
physasst said:
Zoloft or sertraline is an SSRI or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It has a a half life of about 26 hours for the parent drug, however, the metabolite which is N-desmethylsertraline has a half life of about 66 hours, this means that every 66 hours, the available metabolite decreases by 50%. Depending on your dosage, this could take many days until it is completely out of your system. The more worrisome thing is whether or not you may have an exacerbation of your symptoms. Even once you recieve the drug, you may find it will take up to 1, maybe even two weeks to get back to normal. Hope that helps.;)

What's the half life of 2000 Light Years From Home?

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Yeah...

paint said:
Aren't there several anti depressants right now involved in some kind of law suit because one of the side-effects is suicide? I'm pretty sure Zoloft was one of them, but it could just be a scummy law firm looking to score easy cash. Still, I couldn't help but note the irony of a side-effect of an anti-depressant being suicide.

It involves all of the SSRI's and most of the suicides occured in pediatric patients, which is why that class is contraindicated now in pediatric patients. The problem is, it's hard to determine whether or not the drug contributed or not. ANY patient with severe depression has a SIGNIFICANT risk of suicide once they commence treatment, whether it be with an SSRI, tricyclic, and catecholamine reuptake inhibitors such as wellbutrin, The reason is that many patients with severe depression often lack the will power to commit suicide when they are at bottom, but as they begin to feel better with treatment they will often gain the energy to create ideation and possibly execution of suicidal motives. That being said, in pediatric patients, there was a marked increase over the other medications.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Well now it's not quite as funny. Way to go and explain things. ;)

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
You got any friends you can borrow a couple of doses off? When I was on Paxil, everybody seemed to be on Paxil and people borrowed from each other all the time when they forgot to get a new badge. Now I'm on Celexa and get my new badges a week in advance after the pharmacy didn't get *their* badge in time. I love it when that happens. :rolleyes:

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went to the pharmacy to beg for enough pills to last the weekend. The prescription was ready, it's been sitting there for a week. This is after I received an email telling me it was delayed. If I look on the wesite - it says it's still in process. :mad:

Time for a new pharmacy - don't [email protected]* with my drugs......

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Yeah well, my MD's is in this health centre and they got this nifty e-link to the pharmacy so you can walk out of his office and into the pharmacy and pick up the dope without delay so I'm kinda hooked.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
snapdragen said:
long time...that stuff builds up and then takes a while to go away. I got tired of taking it so I took myself off it years ago. It always made me feel a bit too flat. Good for taking the edge off when I needed it, but always at a price.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I was taking paxil 10mg a few years back (who wasnt) and just saw it as a huge waste of money for me personally, so I quit. I deal with depression quite a lot, and even more so since my dad's death back about 3 years ago. I guess what's working for me is balancing riding my bike with working and making money, and getting a piece of a$$ on the side.

It's not a joking matter, but humor helps me out quite a bit!!! And weed.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually, the twichiness started Friday, by Saturday I was on the verge of tears at the drop of a hat. Lightheaded, knowing I just wasn't "right". Vitamin Z helps me feel normal after 35 years of blackness.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Yep...

snapdragen said:
Actually, the twichiness started Friday, by Saturday I was on the verge of tears at the drop of a hat. Lightheaded, knowing I just wasn't "right". Vitamin Z helps me feel normal after 35 years of blackness.

Three years ago, FOUR of the top ten medicines prescribed in the US were antidepressants....

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
snapdragen said:
But did you get your prescription filled? Better be back on the shizzle fast or it'll take time to get on the up again. And get that other pharmacy, pronto. Or bring Chloe to threaten them into making amends. :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts