Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and the 1200 grams includes stem and tape if riding tubless. It says they can be used with clinchers and tubes as well.

http://www.notubes.com/product_info.php/cPath/42_683/products_id/520

I have a set of the ZTR Race 7000 (now called ZTR Podium MMX AC Wheelset) on my mountain bike. In fact, they have my rear back wheel back I sent back for the $100 crash replacement. Awesome warranty and customer service too. So far, I love their products and they stand behind them.

I'm curious if the performance is as great. Has anyone tried the new wheels from Stan's yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are shipping my Alpha 340 "Team" wheelset today. They are a tad heavier at 1330 grams, but there is no weight limit (I am 200 lbs.) and they are supposed to work good at low pressures for cyclocross. I can't wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A bit pricey, but I think it's worth it to have a foolproof tubeless system. At my weight I have burped other tubeless setups (conversions of narrower rims) on hard surfaces. Stans says these will not burp.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
88 rex said:
I wish they would offer the rims in lower spoke counts. I prefer building my own, and I want something lower than 28 holes.
Stan's are notorious for being noodles. You wouldn't want much less than 28.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
They are selling wheels with 18f and 24r. Granted, that isn't going to be super stiff or strong or anything, but I've found XR200s with 20f and 28r to be fine for my 170 lbs, and these should be a wee bit stiffer because of their profile.

·
Iohannes fac totum
3,151 Posts
kbiker3111 said:
Stan's are notorious for being noodles. You wouldn't want much less than 28.
This is a notoriously wild assumption. :p

I have plenty of other Stans rims (although 32 hole and on a mountain bike) and haven't suffered from the noodle effect yet.

These rims look to be no stiffer/weaker than any of the other light weight aluminum rims.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts