Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing what happened to Peloton, I am not surprised. Zwift scrapped plans to sell its own trainer and lays off 150 folks working it. I still use Zwift when the weather is bad but not with the same enthusiasm I did a couple of years ago. Perhaps Zwift is past its peak.

707 Posts
Smart business decision. The trainer market is saturated already. Zwift is kinda like netflix.. they just need to get the subscriber base up and the overhead will become less of an issue. Its a good service. I admit I use it less in the summer but I am happy to pay $20/month. I get good value out of it, and my wife can use it also.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Smart business decision. The trainer market is saturated already. Zwift is kinda like netflix.. they just need to get the subscriber base up and the overhead will become less of an issue. Its a good service. I admit I use it less in the summer but I am happy to pay $20/month. I get good value out of it, and my wife can use it also.
Free for me.. well my son, 13 and under get full accounts for free, he is 10. I will subscribe at some point when he starts to use it more (part of his ice hockey training program to help with endurance.. The game aspect is what keeps him going, hard to get home to do it otherwise)

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still use Zwift but not with the same enthusiasm I did a few years ago. Still beats just getting on the trainer and listening to music or watching TdF videos. I have to wonder if they are pretty much maxed out on subscribers. Are there many more potential subscribers can there that have held out this long?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts