Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So three times in the last month and twice in the last week I have been having trouble with Zwift and/or the "new" Wahoo Kickr. During workout/erg mode the power keeps dropping to zero for unknown reasons. The wattage is also being held, consistently 3-4 watts under targeted power. It completely ruins the workout especially when the power keeps dropping to zero every 30-60 seconds. The power dropping to zero is also happening during normal riding within Zwift.

Anyone experiencing similar issues, have an idea how to fix it, or know whether its the Kickr or Zwift?

THANKS

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you have your ant dongle near the trainer? If not I'd start there. Also make sure your Kickr has the latest firmware.

Also both Wahoo and Zwift have have great CS, I'd shoot them both an email if you can't solve the issue.

·
Registered
760 Posts
We're you the same person who posted the group message about this on zwift tonight? I also have the New Kickr, and have had 2-3 brief power dropouts, over about 30 rides. However I have yet to use ERG mode. They mostly happened after starting again from a breif break, but one time, I'd have sworn it happened exactly when family used the microwave, but they've used it again elite riding, so it may have just been a coincidence.

I'm using the ANT+ dongle from Tacx, and also had trouble when I combined 2 USB extension cords, in an effort to get the reciver closer to the Kickr, but it wasn't necessary. As soon as I took out the extension cables, all was well. Receiver is 20ft away from the Kickr...well within ANT's 45M range. I also did the firmware upgrade, and calibration, in day one.

Does your ANT receiver have a clear line of sight to the Kickr?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ANT receiver is within 3 ft of the Kickr. Also how do you get the latest firmware update? I have done a bunch of calibrations/spin downs using the wahoo utility app but it doesn't mention anything about an update leading me to believe the firmware should be up to date.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I would open a support case with Wahoo. They are really good, and may be able to help you isolate the issue, whether it's your unit, your setup, or whatever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this issue when I first setup my tacx trainer. Problem turned out to be my phone's Bluetooth connection. When I originally set up my trainer I used bluetooth on my cell. This caused my cellphone and trainer to compete for connections. If you paired your trainer to your cellphones BT I would unpair it or turn off BT while your're using the trainer. Have not had a single issue since I did this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.