Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was discussing zwift with another member of rbr. It is a kinda murky thing but if your not in the know or have not been with zwift since beta. Below is your starter guide

I have did some of the group rides and attempted the races.

If you are trying to do one? Or you want to organize?
There is a calendar available.

Zwift Rides - join FB group Zwift Rides Calendar Access to add/modify <-- right here is biggest listing

You have to tag your name in your profile where your last name is place in parenthesis (ZTR) zwift training race or the race code itself.

some require you to join the strava group of that race. see above link.

each race has it own rules.

Below is facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/zwiftriders/

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Good God, man, do you really have a Bachelor's degree from University of Pittsburgh?
College does not teach you anything useful. It just teaches you to be a cry bully and a campus snowflake.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
So i was discussing zwift with another member of rbr. It is a kinda murky thing but if your not in the know or have not been with zwift since beta. Below is your starter guide

I have did some of the group rides and attempted the races.

If you are trying to do one? Or you want to organize?
There is a calendar available.

Zwift Rides - join FB group Zwift Rides Calendar Access to add/modify <-- right here is biggest listing

You have to tag your name in your profile where your last name is place in parenthesis (ZTR) zwift training race or the race code itself.

some require you to join the strava group of that race. see above link.

each race has it own rules.

Below is facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/zwiftriders/

I have not had a chance to try any of the group rides yet. I either am busy or the ride is above or below my ability. I am still enjoying Swift but in another month or so I hope to be back out on the road. I am hoping the time spent on Swift has me in good early season shape.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've got to say man, you are rapidly becoming a know-it-all. It seems like your entire persona has changed since you used to post pics of you in that 25.00 chinese kit and running shoes with flat pedals. I liked the newbie version of you better.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
Zwift is a bad thing for cycling IMO.
More people riding on stationery trainers on Zwift equals less people actually riding on the roads equals motorists becoming less attuned with seeing cyclists on the roads.

#nozwift

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
More people riding on stationery trainers on Zwift equals less people actually riding on the roads equals motorists becoming less attuned with seeing cyclists on the roads.

#nozwift
Maybe its an evil plot by bike-hating motorists. I think most Zwifters are people that weren't going to ride in the winter anyway and its either that, a boring training session, or TV and chips

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

#nozwift
Once spring rolls around Zwift will fade to the backburners once again until next winter.

It's a solid winter workout when you're stuck indoors. The races are a joke as far as actual competition but the workout you can get is excellent. If you struggle to do any intensity on the trainer then jumping in a race (a D race, most likely!) will hopefully get you going hard for a few minutes.

Just don't let it sour your real world fitness expectations. It's funny to see guys riding away from you in Zwift who'd get dropped five minutes into a cat 5 race.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Once spring rolls around Zwift will fade to the backburners once again until next winter.

It's a solid winter workout when you're stuck indoors. The races are a joke as far as actual competition but the workout you can get is excellent. If you struggle to do any intensity on the trainer then jumping in a race (a D race, most likely!) will hopefully get you going hard for a few minutes.

Just don't let it sour your real world fitness expectations. It's funny to see guys riding away from you in Zwift who'd get dropped five minutes into a cat 5 race.
Agree. Outside a a bad stretch of weather, most of us will be out on the roads once spring is sprung. I am not sure there are many folks that ride Zwift exclusively. It does offer a nice workout with less boredom that what we had before, but its no replacement for the road

1 - 20 of 67 Posts