Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the doping positives suck and the publicity (especially to the casual observer) isn't helpful, it just seems that this year's race is significantly cleaner than in the past. We aren't seeing a Postal/Discovery train of mid-level rouleurs blowing out climbers in the mountains, day in and day out, which always seemed to me a superhuman feat. I will give a pass to Voigt and Cancellara at this point, as they had been sitting in and conserving energy up to that point, and are obviously world-class riders. If we see them on the front riding very hard tempo throughout the Alps, then it would be cause for concern.

Speeds seem to be slower, races much more unpredictable. People are having a bad day (Valverde is a great example, Cunego is having a rough tour) and overall, nobody looks super or unbeatable. I do think that the sport is trying to clean up, perhaps not as aggressively as they could (still need those biological passports to come into effect) but things are evening out, and it makes for exciting racing!

·
Ron&Fez XM202/Sirius197
485 Posts
Let's wait and see first. If there is 6 or more riders (wasn't there 10 guys with "suspect" blood), the sport may implode. Doping must be addressed, but at what cost?? I would rather watch a doped up tour than no tour at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.